Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Vienna Instruments PRO 2.0 release???

Hi,

I saw this summer the 27th of june a "news letter 151" which told the new release of vienna instrument pro 2 was espected this summer in this letter.

Anyone knows the official release date please???It is a lie or April Fool? [H]

Today it is not release as espected.very very strange.I copy the mail i received on my box :

As our developers are adding the finishing touches to the next incarnation of Vienna Instruments PRO, we'd like to share a glimpse of the next big update of our proprietary sample player.

Vienna Instruments PRO 2.0 brings you lots of powerful and innovative features, including:

• Internal Pattern Sequencer – Trigger rhythmic patterns, phrases, runs, and more at the touch of a single key – an inspiring time-saver!
    • Flexible Time Stretching – Easily determine which part of an articulation should be processed.
    • Adjustable Pre-load Buffer Size – Pre-load up to 10 times more samples into your RAM when streaming from SSDs (Solid State Drives).
    • Automatic Cell Naming – For a better overview, all cells get labeled automatically with a 3 to 4 letter abbreviation.

The update is slated for release this summer and will be free for all existing Vienna Instruments PRO users!

• Perhaps they're still deliberating over which to keep: The Internal Pattern Sequencer or the word PRO in the title...

• very strange on the part of the team vienna decided to keep the update but the release date isn't respected :( :( very sad news

•  Yeah they should just release untested and buggy software. We'd all much prefer that. [;)]

DG

• I hope it will be released soon.thanks for your reply [H]

• Hi everybody, 

We have added such great features over the summer, you will love VI PRO 2 when it will be released. We´re hoping that this will be within the next 2 months. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • thanks a lot Paul for the informations. I can smile again[H]

I can't wait[;)]

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Yeah they should just release untested and buggy software. We'd all much prefer that. 

Obviously no-one wants that, but that's not the point.

VSL made a statement in a newsletter with a time-based cut-off point (ie the end of summer). I'm delighted to hear (thanks Paul) that there are great new features and I'm happy to wait for them. It may simply be better for users if VSL only promised release times when they could be met.

There are lots of foolish people out there who will attack VSL for not keeping to schedules, while ignoring the superlative quality of their products.

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Yeah they should just release untested and buggy software. We'd all much prefer that. 

Obviously no-one wants that, but that's not the point.

VSL made a statement in a newsletter with a time-based cut-off point (ie the end of summer). I'm delighted to hear (thanks Paul) that there are great new features and I'm happy to wait for them. It may simply be better for users if VSL only promised release times when they could be met.

There are lots of foolish people out there who will attack VSL for not keeping to schedules, while ignoring the superlative quality of their products.

And then people cry when VSL doesn't respond to their 1000 requests of "when are new dimension strings coming out (or any other product they dream about, wish for, or make up that VSL possibly isn't even working on)"?  In my experience it is the flamers of when you "fail" in their minds that are worse then dealing with the people who are patient enough to wait for a more stable release, even if it means not making the release date.  You simply cannot win in this business with customers, There will always be people to complain no matter what you do or say.  Sometimes you're lucky they even tell you anything more than a teaser, leaking more information than that always leads to being flamed by someone.

Maestro2be