Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Cool utility for sharing mouse and keyboard for VE Slave on Mac

I found working with the os x screen sharing is to sluggish.

So I reconnect  my monitor on my VE Slave. But I can't deal with 2 keyboards and 2 mouses. 

But I found another solution.

If you're on Mac with a Mac slave, you can switch from one to the other with the same mouse and keyboard just like it whas one single computer. 

And it's free (donation-ware). Check it out:

http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

It's simple and working great. I don't feel any video latency.

Maybe there's a PC equivalent. But unfortunatly I don't think a cross plateform solution exist yet.

(I'm in no way associated with the developper BTW)

• There is a Mac-PC solution.

http://synergy-foss.org/

Did'nt try...

• There is a much simpler and cheaper solution is to use VNC

in Safari :

VNC://192.168.x.x (put the Ip adress of your slave)

Then enter pwd...

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • VNC and Apple Screen sharing or remote desktop= same problem.It's too slow.

Editing and mixing inside Ve Pro is killing me that way.

So that wa an alternative to screen sharings.

I'm having the monitor connected to computer but sharing mouse and keyboard. Like a KVN switch but without the hardware. And working with bluetooth mouse and key. 

• I do the mixing on the master in Logic ! 

VNC is not slow, specially if you use Ethernet and Lion

I can watch a film stored on my 10.7 Macmini from my 10.7 Macbook in WiFi or from my Ipad !

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • I use both Logic and Ve Pro for mixing,

using ethernet not wi-fi. Was using screen sharing under Snow Leopard and it was to sluggish.

Maybe lion is faster for that.

Anyway its just really better now...

I have no problems with video streaming over wi fi either. That's another thing.