Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Free Download Instruments, Woohoo!

OK,

I'm entitled to 2 free download instruments. FREE! What to choose, What to choose.

At this point, I don't have any 'needs'... these are impulse purchases. I had dongles so I didn't buy a Vienna Key, so I don't have the 180 free tries.

So I figured I'd throw it out to the vox populi... any standouts? (Yeah, their all great, but surely there is agreement that some are best among equals.)

QUESTION: I listened to the 'Elements' demos and Bill Brown's 'Dark Elements' and there is this HUGE almost sine wave sub bass sound. It's almost like a bass marimba or hang drum, but at some points it almost has a bowed slow attack. What -is- that?

---JC

• last edited
    last edited

@Suntower said:

I'm entitled to 2 free download instruments. FREE! What to choose, What to choose.

At this point, I don't have any 'needs'...

Are you entitled to two whole instruments, as in standard and extended libraries so actually four libraries, or are you entitled to two downloads?  Whatever you choose, be sure to get an entire instrument (standard and extended) rather than two standard libraries 1/2 of two different instruments.  Reason being is that it's better to have a complete library (instrument) because you want as many possible articulations as you can use to make your music sound as authentic as possible.

Just my opinion.