Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• VEP Save Metaframe suddenly very slow

Hi All,

I've reopened a couple of old Metaframes from a few months ago to do some edits to a prior project. In the interim I've rebuilt my slave PC due to a couple of bad motherboards and a bad RAM stick (what are the chances?).

Everything works great now, but when I save the Metaframe it takes over 5 minutes. It's not *that* large a template (less than 100 tracks over 14 instances of VEP, mostly EWQLSO Gold). Of course I've decoupled the instances from my Logic file (trying to save with the instances coupled always froze up both VEP and Logic).

I'm going to try and build a new template and see if it's still a problem but I wondered if this has happened to anyone else. My PC is pretty powerful: Asus Z68 MB, i5 2500K, 16GB RAM, several hard drives including a SATA 6 SSD currently housing the EWQLSO Samples. My Mac is not so powerful: iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8, 4 GB RAM, but it's basically a MIDI controller for VEP on the slave. I rarely even get to 25% CPU usage (except on mixdown).

Thoughts are appreciated.

encephalon

San Francisco, CA

•  Are you using Play 3? I ask because since I added HB to my template (via Play3) in VE Pro, the save times have lengthened quite a lot. Not five minutes, but a couple of minutes to save 8 gigs.

Mahlon

• last edited
    last edited

@Mahlon said:

Are you using Play 3? I ask because since I added HB to my template (via Play3) in VE Pro, the save times have lengthened quite a lot. Not five minutes, but a couple of minutes to save 8 gigs.

Mahlon

Yes, but I updated to Play 3 when it came out and used it on this SO Gold template. I recently purchased HS and HB but they are not used in this template.