Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,906 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Awarding Winning Film Featuring VSL

I just thought I'd let people know that one of my first feature films - a 60 minute British Thriller called Vendetta has won the Best International Short Award at the New York Indie Film Festival - www.nyfilmvideo.com

This was our second major piece of film making - made as a calling card to the industry, and it's had a lot of good response. There's an ad for it on the festival website at http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/2004/ny2004/vendetta/vendetta.htm

I scored, mixed and redubbed the whole of the film over a two year production period, with a very intense end!! [:D] After 2 months of solid post-sound work using Logic I defy anyone not to be a nervous wreck!!

Since it was actually being completed around the time VSL first appeared on the scene, the only samples I had available from it were off the demo disc - so these make various appearances in the largely orchestral score - (I've since gone on to purchase the First Orchestral Cube and several Horizon packages) I've reworked a couple of the tracks with VSL - the majority was originally done with a Roland XP30 Synth - Urrrgh - the orchestral voices were OK - but nothing to scream about!

Since this I have scored another feature -entirely with VSL, that is finally going to hit the festival circuit later this year (over a year since I finished scoring it [*-)] )

Anyway

Thanks for reading this

Joseph Fox

• BenB Ben deleted this topic on