Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Library installer crashing on mac

I'm trying to install special edition on my mac. I've  downloaded  and installed the latest  revs of VI and VE.  When i run VI Library installer and select the package.info from dvd1, the app quits. I've rebooted and tryed again with the same results. Help!

Armando

Model Name: Mac Pro

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 2

Total Number of Cores: 12

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB

Memory: 12 GB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)

• Hi Armando,

Thanks for reporting - we indeed discovered an issue with our Library Installers under MacOS 10.7 and our development team is already coming up with a fix, which will be released any moment!

Thank you for your patience - I also replied to your support request by email.

Best, Marnix

• Just a little 'me too' notice. Just realized I can't install Dimension Brass on my brand new iMac... So, I'll have to wait, right?

• Hi syeo66, 

We hope that we can release the update within the next days. Alternatively, you can always install on a different system, copy the data and assign it in the Directory Manager manually. 

Thanks for your patience!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • So, did this get fixed? I'm having the same crash. Where can we find an updated library installer?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi jpiscitello,

Yes, of course it´s fixed [:)]

All software updates can be found here.

While you´re at it, it´s a good idea to update your eLCC software as well.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL