Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Question about Extended and Standard versions

Well, this is my issue: I am thinking in buying some Vienna Libraries and I was checking the prices. I noticed that all the instruments I have checked have a Standard and an Extended version. My problem is that I cannot afford both things in only one transaction, since in my country (Chile) if I buy something over US$1000 I need to do a complex paper work and some additional steps that I would like to avoid (I dont have enough time for that)... so here are my questions: -with the Standard version, will I get the same sound quality than the Extended one, right? -Can I buy first the Standard and then only the Extended? (it seems that the option is not available) -With the Standard version will I get sounds to do a pro work or is it recommended to have the Extended for pro work? thanks in advance!! Ricardo

• Hi Donethur!

For DVD Libraries the sound quality should be the same, however you get less articulations. (With download Libraries this is slightly different, but as you are talking about 1000USD i assume you are referring to DVDs)

Purchasing first standard, then extended should not be a problem. I even would guess that the standard version of any DVD Library gives you so much to explore that it absolutely does not matter if you get other things few days later ;)

Best regards

Gabriel

• Once you buy a standard DVD library, you can get the corresponding extended library at any time.  Your Vienna Key will also allow you to demo the extended library content of any standard DVD library collection that you own, for 150 starts (those starts get used quicker than one would think).  You can also arrange through VSL to download demo starts (for a period of 30 days IIRC?).  In short, you can check out the extended content before you purchase it.

• You should be aware that buying first the standard and later the extended library is exactly the same price as buying them together (full). But there are some bundles on which you can save som dollars:

All libraries which have a I and a II can be purchased as bundle, and this works also when you first buy the standard library, and later the extended.

Some of these bundles still are below your 1000USD limit.

But as I wrote in your other thread: first decide what instruments you need.

• last edited
    last edited

@noldar12 said:

Once you buy a standard DVD library, you can get the corresponding extended library at any time.  Your Vienna Key will also allow you to demo the extended library content of any standard DVD library collection that you own, for 150 starts (those starts get used quicker than one would think).  You can also arrange through VSL to download demo starts (for a period of 30 days IIRC?).  In short, you can check out the extended content before you purchase it.

that is great!! thanks man

• last edited
    last edited

@MassMover said:

You should be aware that buying first the standard and later the extended library is exactly the same price as buying them together (full). But there are some bundles on which you can save som dollars:

All libraries which have a I and a II can be purchased as bundle, and this works also when you first buy the standard library, and later the extended.

Some of these bundles still are below your 1000USD limit.

But as I wrote in your other thread: first decide what instruments you need.

thanks!! I will check the info you have given me 😊 knowing me, I will probably end buying most of them... I am now selling all my hardware equipment to buy more libraries, since I am new in this world and now I feel I have wasted a lot of time with poor sound at high cost... cheers!

•  Hmm...  I'm wondering, since the Euro is currently stronger than the $$$ right now, would it be worth it to order from VSL's European distributor and make your purchases in euros as you would be able to buy more with a 1,000 euros than with a $1,000.  Of course that's assuming that there is a 1,000 euro limit before you have to do the tedious paperwork.

Just a thought.