Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,395 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,777 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Just to let you all know - the issue is already taken care for.

If you're able to reproduce the error reliably, please make sure to send a note to (just in case you didn't do so already 😊 ...)

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Paul,

that's good news.. had the "cause loud noise" problem on my mac pro, os x 10.6.7, Cubase 6.0.2 today..
    even realoading the plug-in did not solve the issue.. however, i'm very optimistic that the coming release will fix this..

after all - vsl software is my favorite - for a reason ;)

thanks

gernot

• Yes, indeed, great news! Any idea when the fix will be available? It´s almost impossible for me to use the plugin at the moment... Thanks! Marco

• Just wundering what version of Protools people are using. Im using version 9.0.3 and cant get Hybrid reverb to work. Keeps giving  me the DAE error. Dont think Im doing anything wrong.

• Hi,

Just adding myself to the choir of people who STILL have this problem.  Running Logic 9.1.4 64bit, VEP, Mac OSX 10.6.7 and the latest Vienna Suite build 1.3.1589 on a 2008 2.26 eight-core Mac Pro, w/28 gigs of ram.  I am running a complex template with many instances of Kontakt 4, Trillian, Omnisphere, RMX,  Amplitube 3, etc. plugins without issue otherwise.  This is an extremely stable rig.  And I have not had this problem happen due to any other plugin, including the other Vienna Suite plugins, EXCEPT Hybrid Reverb.  Also, this is not related to Mac core overloads, at least as reported by the meters in Logic - playback was stopped and the cores were far below max when this latest monitor explosion occurred.  There were several instances of Hybrid Reverb instantiated.

Just changed a preset in Hybrid Verb and whammo - Full code white noise @ over 100db [film music studio - high volume for dynamic mixing headroom] - think I may have just done real damage to my ears along with my rather expensive Quested Main Monitors.

This is an intermittent, but absolutely chronic and extremely dangerous problem.  I have set the buffer to the same as the audiio card [256] [and also to the default 512] with no improvement.

I can verify that, contrary to what Dietz said, this is NOT yet fixed.  Very bummed, because I love the sound of this reverb, but it will now be relegated to the "do not use until fixed" column.  My ears are still ringing, and hurt enough to be giving me a headache :( :( :(

Will send to support email as well. 

Thanks.

• I can´t stress enough again that this bug is most annoying and really a danger for your ears and your equipment. I´ve been looking at my user area for an update for quite some time now. Really hope this is gonna be fixed soon as I, too, love Hybrid Reverb - it´s simply the best reverb plugin available IMHO. Thanks Marco

• This may not be a solution, but i had to reformat my system drive for other reasons and what I found is that upon reinstall, my HR problems went away (along with some other bizarre issues I was having). Don't know if this is coincidence or what, but perhaps it has to do with a corrupt Vienna Suite preference file? It's been a couple of days now and no problems so far, but I haven't looked into it too deeply as I've been trying to sort out some other things. Perhaps someone can chime in here.

• .. what's funny is, that i can use the plug-in - simply not within ve pro ;)

if i use it within cubase everything works fine. so it might have to do with the audio unite version of the plug in?

• Hmm, I can use it in VEP but not in Cubase! (until recently that is). However, in my system, VEP is on a different machine than Cubase, and it was the Cubase drive I reformatted.

• Just to let you know: Martin Saleteg (Vienna Suite's main developer, known as MS on these pages) is aware of the problem. He is already in direct contact with some of the users who ran into this ugly behaviour, trying to find a solution ASAP.

Kind regards,

• I have seen there is new update for Vienna Suite available (as of June 28th). Does that fix the noise bug?! Thanks Marco

• Ah, as I´ve seen now in the changelog the problem seems to be fixed! :o) Great! Marco

• Hi there, just wanted to confirm that for my projects the noise bug has been solved with the latest update! Glad to use Hybrid Reverb again! :) Marco

• Great! Thanks for reporting.