Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,260 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,473 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@jammusique said:

Is that just me, or did I hear someone just announce the price of MIR Pro as being 995€ ?

... you mean by just adding the prices Vienna MIR and  VE Pro? πŸ˜‰ I don't know if it will be as easy as that, but you're in the ballpark, I'd say.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • BTW - I'm testing a pretty advanced beta-version of MIR Pro right now, and I just wrote a fanboy-like e-mail to our developers because the thing is SO F*****G AMAZING that I can hardly believe my ears. 8-)

• I'm so glad to hear this. Although most people including myself are feeling so jealous right now for not laying our hands on it:)

• last edited
    last edited

@jammusique said:

Is that just me, or did I hear someone just announce the price of MIR Pro as being 995€ ?

You mean 99.5€ [:)] 

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@hose said:

I'm so glad to hear this. Although most people including myself are feeling so jealous right now for not laying our hands on it😊

Soon. Very soon.

• With the latest beta version, is the needed computer power still in line with what is currently needed for MIR?  Or, can one get by with a bit less, or does one need more?

Here's hoping that the upgrade/crossgrade prices are "very" attractive.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

BTW - I'm testing a pretty advanced beta-version of MIR Pro right now, and I just wrote a fanboy-like e-mail to our developers because the thing is SO F*****G AMAZING that I can hardly believe my ears. 8-)

AAHHH!!  The anticipation is killing me lol!  Presonus is coming out with a complete new version 2 for us and you're coming out with this for us!  I am so fricken stoked about this because both promise to make my workflow so much better (not saying you promised it will, it's just the features speak for themselves).  I simply cannot wait until the VEP portion of MIR pro replaces my somewhat clunky current setup (MoL blah blah blah).  VEP has always been a favorite part of my system however owning MIR full it basically went on the shelf so to speak (keeping in mind it will let me get rid of my PoS second sound card!).  So mixing it with MIR, being able to do true automation and combining the sound quality of MIR into one application now is going to change my entire operation (not to mention adding Vienna Suite into this).  I simply cannot wait any longer.  I will for the first time be able to have templates, that are not only more simple to use but also much closer to a finished mix and mastered sound while playinf parts in live.  This will raise my inspiration levels exponentially.  It should reduce how much mastering and mixing has to happen to my tracks as well.  I am going insane waiting on this lol.  Hopefully my expectations are not to high haha.

I just thought of the geekiest thing ever lol.  Remember the days of getting together with friends when networking games first came out?  You would have a LAN party (everyone brings a computer, we all hook up to the same network and beat the crap out of eachother lol)?  How cool (and geeky) would it be to have a big LAN MIR party where we had one massive machine running our MIR instances and we all connected to it over the network and shared ideas and did music all weekend!  Sign me up, VSL Make it happen!!  LOL.

Dietz, can I ask one question please?  Might it ever be possible to use our 3rd party samples such as LASS when layering with VSL, but be able to take out the panning portion of MIR's auto positioning, while maintaining the room sound?  It seems that the position of the instrument on stage affects the room sound applied to the instrument but is what I am asking possible maybe?  I am asking of course because so many companies come "Pre-Panned".  I want to blend them into the same room as my VSL sounds without panning them anymore then they are already.  You have stated many times you would prefer to blend them in outside of MIR within your DAW but I ultimately want to put everything over in MIR for simplicity sakes on my part if possible.

Thanks!

Patiently awaits, (when the hell will they have this done!!!) 😊

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

@noldar12 said:

With the latest beta version, is the needed computer power still in line with what is currently needed for MIR?  Or, can one get by with a bit less, or does one need more?

Here's hoping that the upgrade/crossgrade prices are "very" attractive.

Assuming that many people will want to use MIR Pro on the same machine as their DAW, it might be venturous to suggest the use weaker machines. 😊

As a matter of fact, MIR Pro will need considerably less system resources with smaller setups than "legacy" Vienna MIR (... it even starts in a 32-bit operating system without complaints). But as soon as you work with big arrangements and lots of instruments on a stage, MIR Pro's RAM- and CPU-requirements will be similar to Vienna MIR.

• However, do remember that MIR Pro will accept audio input, so there is no reason that you can't freeze all your MIDI tracks (assuming that your DAW can do this) and relieve the computer of a lot of the CPU cycles need to run the sample players. This will give you virtually all your computer's power for MIR. This wasn't possible in the standalone version of MIR, and it's is something I'm looking forward to, because my machine couldn't run my template and MIR at any buffer. [:O]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

[...] Dietz, can I ask one question please?  Might it ever be possible to use our 3rd party samples such as LASS when layering with VSL, but be able to take out the panning portion of MIR's auto positioning, while maintaining the room sound?  It seems that the position of the instrument on stage affects the room sound applied to the instrument but is what I am asking possible maybe?  I am asking of course because so many companies come "Pre-Panned".  I want to blend them into the same room as my VSL sounds without panning them anymore then they are already.  You have stated many times you would prefer to blend them in outside of MIR within your DAW but I ultimately want to put everything over in MIR for simplicity sakes on my part if possible.

[...]

Hmmm ... as you've written yourself, this goes quite a bit against the concept and underlying technical principles of MIR / MIR Pro.

Every signal put on a MIR stage triggers the selection of the nearest sets or multi-impulse responses, depending on its position, its direction and its stereo-width. Of course it is possible to use a "General Purpose" profile and stretch its width accross the whole stage, so the inherent panning would remain somewhat intact, but still this won't be what you're aiming for:

- The perceived stereo width is also dependant on the distance to MIR's virtual Main Microphone. The bigger the distance, the narrower the stereo image.

- The huge stereo width won't allow for much direction control.

- Only impulse responses recorded near the far left and right boarders of the stage will be triggered, while a proper panning would "touch" the proper positions on the stage.

In a word - mixing your pre-panned sounds with a MIR mix externally will most likely be the better way to do it.

BTW ... I still have a hard time to understand what's so cool about pre-panned sounds, as they cause nothing but trouble (at least in my book) ... 8-] ... panning is most likely the easiest task in sound engineering, because the effect is so obvious when you do it ...

• It will be interesting to hear how MIR Rro handles other libraries with stage positioning (maybe the close and mid/mains, not the surround mics), and also how much life it might "add" to SampleModel instruments.

No doubt though it will be magic for VSL stuff !!

• What do you want to bet that it will be the best thing that ever happened to Omnisphere and other synths?

MIR brings them to life. When MIR Pro is your hands it'll only be easier.

This alone could be worth the price of admission to the MIR Pro club.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Wether a "MIR Pro SE" will be released or not is not decided yet.

Please 😊 For us students who have macs...

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Wether a "MIR Pro SE" will be released or not is not decided yet.

Please 😊 For us students who have macs...

"Poor students" who have the money to buy a Mac. [<:o)] [;)]

... we'll see what we can come up with (... but please don't take this as a promise).

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

What do you want to bet that it will be the best thing that ever happened to Omnisphere and other synths?

MIR brings them to life. When MIR Pro is your hands it'll only be easier.

This alone could be worth the price of admission to the MIR Pro club.

You bet.

Apart from many other sources, I'm always testing MIR with a jBridged version of my favorite synthetic drum-machine, too -> Sonic Charge's "Β΅Tonic" (pronounced "MicroTonic"). _That's_ what I call "breathing life into the machine". ;-))

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

"Poor students" who have the money to buy a Mac.

... we'll see what we can come up with (... but please don't take this as a promise).

Awesome!! πŸ˜„ I'll keep my fingers crossed!

• MIR-Pro October-2011 release seems very likely !

Looking forward to know more about it (Soon).

•  October issue of Sound On Sound has an advert from VSL  Best Service for VEP5 and MIR Pro.

Where are they?

Kanon

• last edited
    last edited

@kanon said:

Where are they?

In the pipeline. We're doing our best to make this release happen ASAP.

Kind regards (... and off for more testing ... 8-) ...),

• last edited
    last edited

Hi A871,

the student discounts include the existing software (VI PRO, VE PRO, Vienna Suite, Vienna MIR, Vienna MIR SE), not the upcoming VE PRO 5 and MIR PRO.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL