Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Sibelius 6, VSL Ensemble and download instruments

Hello everyone!

the last few days I'v been desperately trying to get things to work as expected on my system, but it is hard work and no play...
    Could anyone help me out here? Thank you!

Windows 7 64 bit  -  Sibelius 6.2  -  VSL Ensemble  -  download instruments Heckelphone and Soprano Choir (and guitar, as well as upright bass, but both do not have sound sets I believe)

For the installation I followed the manuals and videos on the site. But it doesn't matter what I do, Sibelius won't find VSL Ensemble as a device to use (however, the soundsets for both Soprano Choir and Heckelphone do show up in the soundset list).

What could be the trouble here?
    Advice is more than welcome at this point! Thank you all in advance!

• Hello weslldeckers!

Sibelius on Windows computers needs to be told, where your VSTplugins folder is located. This can be done on the Sibelius/Playback Devices/Audio Engine Options/Virtual Instruments and Effects Folder menu. If you don't remember, where you installed the Vienna Ensemble plugin, you can do a windows search for the file Vienna Ensemble.dll. Pease enter the path where this file is located in the menu mentioned before.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Andi

Thanks Andi! That was just the problem: I didn't have the right folder specified. It now works and all I've got to do now, is make my matrices and keyswitches.. and compose and play.. Thanks! 

• Great, thanks for the feedback. Just to go for sure and avoid a misunderstanding. If you want to use the sound sets for the Soprano Choir and Heckelphone (wind instruments sound set), you will have to load the VI presets, that came with these sound sets. They won't work with custom built matrices or presets.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Hi, thanks once again, I would almost forget that.
    Yesterday I played the Soprano Choir and it worked.

Today, I've set up a new instance of VSL Ensemble with the download concert guitar, but whatever I try, Ensemble doesn't seem to get any MIDI input, no matter what channel I choose.
    Probably, I'm doing something wrong, (like usual.. ;) ) and if you could help me out on this one, I can be happy again!

Thank you!

• Can you please give me some more details about what you have tried. Did you activate Vienna Ensemble with Sibelius? Are there any other plugins activated? Which sound set did you use? Did you make settings on the Manual Sound Set page?

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on