Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] VEP Server 64-bit disconnects fairly often

I don't understand why. I have one 32-bit and one 64-bit server open on the slave, which connects to 2 VEP RTAS plugins in Pro Tools on the master. The 32-bit stays connected all day long, but the other disconnects about once every two hours or so. I use the latest version (build 8008). Thanks.

• Hi,

Do you get any error messages or is there a reliable way to reproduce this?

Are the VE PRO instances "preserved"? Did you try if that changes anything?

Also, does this happen with "just" one song or all projects?

Please let us know which OSĀ“s are incolved and which version of Pro Tools you are using. The more information, the better.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • - No error messages, and I haven't found any way to repro this. Suddenly, there's no audio coming from VEP on the slave, and when I click on the RTAS plugin in PT it's disconnected. Of course, I can connect it again, but it's slightly annoying. - The instances are not preserved. I will try that. - So far, this has only happened on this one song, but it should be said that I'm a fairly new user. - All info about my setup is in my signature. I can add that I use a HP Procurve 1410 ethernet switch, CAT 6a cabling, and I'm using DHCP with manual address. Thanks.

• So far, preserving the 64-bit instance has stopped it from disconnecting. At least it worked for 8 hours straight yesterday.

• Hi,

ThatĀ“s good news [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL