Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Downloadmanager doesn't install

Maybe I'm dense, but after downloading MIR-SE Roompacks (Default, and Mystic Spaces 2.0), which went well, clicking on the Install button does nothing. Any idea?

(I reinstalled Downloadmanager, elicenser is connected)

Thanks for any hint

Michael

• I think you just ran into a little trap that has fooled some other people (including me) in the past, too 8-).

When the Installer shows the "Ready to install"-page (after you have accepted the license agreement and confirmed the installation path), you have click on the "Install"-button on the lower right corner to actually start the process.

Please let me know if this was the solution.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • No, sorry ... it's in the main window of the Download Manager: I see my two downloads (each finished, 100%) and under the Status heading the "Install" buttons - and clicking on them doesn't do anything, no new page or window ...

hm ... 

• Oh, I see. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll have somebody to look into it ASAP.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Hello mmeixner,

Please check if you have the latest Download Manager installed, as well as the latest VSL Software and eLCC.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you for your help so far, but this must be something very peculiar …

I reinstalled everything again (latest versions of course, and double checked),restarted etc.

But this just doesn't happen:

"Nach abgeschlossenem Download-Vorgang, klicken Sie auf Install im Vienna Download Manager. Dadurch wird der Vienna Instruments Library Installer gestartet. Beachten Sie, dass Ihr ViennaKey mit entsprechender permanenter Lizenz zur Installation angesteckt sein muss."

no "Vienna Instruments Library Installer" is starting ... [:(]

• Hi mmeixner,

so you see the "Install" button, but nothing happens when you click on it?

This indicates that an older Library Installer version (that doesn´t know the new products) is available on your system.

As a work-around, you can always start the Library Installer (in, e.g., "Applications" => "Vienna Instruments") and point it to the package.info you have downloaded with your installation files via the Download Manager.

Does that work?

Best,

Paul

• Ok, solved, by another way:

the folder I downloaded the Roompack Mystic Spaces v.2 into didn't contain any package.info

- a text file named "MysticSpaces_WIN-2.0_files" (starting with "This is a list of files expected to be found in the installation folder by the library installer")

- 6 BIN-Files

- "ViennaMIR_RoomPack_3_MysticSpaces_WIN-2.0-r111.exe". I had to start this one to install ...

Maybe I just misunderstood something? Could it be the fact, that it's MIR SE and not the full MIR?

• Hello mmeixner,

This package should actually also be installed if you are using the latest Download Manager (this has been fixed just recently).

In any case, I´m glad you made it work!

Best,

Paul