Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,816 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Finale volume controls

Curious problem. I've got two Finale scores. Both use Violin and are running through VE. On one of the scores, I can get the volume slider in VE (right side of keyboard) to max out - all the way to the top - if I enter a value of 127 in the violin's volume box in Finale's Instrument List. On the other score, I can only get the VE volume slider to go up to about 60%. It's like there's a secret volume control somewhere that's putting a ceiling on my max volume. Thoughts? Thanks!

•  The secret volume control is CC11

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Bill - In Finale, I set CC11 to 127. Volume slider in VE is still stuck in the middle range no matter what volume I set in Finale. Thoughts?

• Make sure you're using the VSL HP preferences and that in those preferences volume cntrol is set to use CC#11. Also make sure your staves are named correctly. (e.g., a violin staff has to have the name violin, it can't be blank or say a different instrument)

• Good suggestions, all, but I think there's just something buggy about this score. I went back and started a new score from scratch and everything works just fine. Lesson learned: don't try and save time by reusing an old score. Yes... I leaned the hard way that you can't misspell or abbreviate instrument names in Finale and hope VSL will recognize them. That was an afternoon and a half I'll never see again!

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on