Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• is MIR a plugin or stand alone?

I have been investigating MIR lately but there is one thing that is not clear.  Does MIR run as a plugin in the DAW (Sonar in my case) or does it take the place of a DAW?  I have looked at and tried the Vienna Suite and that is simply a bunch of independant plugins, but I am not sure where MIR fits into the picture.

THanks,

Mike

• MIR is currently a standalone that runs alongside your sequencer. MIR Pro should be able to be used as a plugin, but as yet there is no information on when it will be released.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Astro said:

I have been investigating MIR lately but there is one thing that is not clear.  Does MIR run as a plugin in the DAW (Sonar in my case) or does it take the place of a DAW?  I have looked at and tried the Vienna Suite and that is simply a bunch of independant plugins, but I am not sure where MIR fits into the picture.

THanks,

Mike

Mike, I tried to answer this (and more) questions in the other thread you opened: -> [URL]http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/28384.aspx[/URL]

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library