Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• VE Pro 4.1.7846 & VI Pro 1.1.7846

Today I installed VI Pro 4.1.7846 ro replace VI (not pro).  I also installed VE Pro 4.1.7846 from the previous version.  Now, when I try and play from my DAW (separate computer, VSL is on its own machine via MIDI and ADAT) I get no sound, and no visual indication that VE Pro is receiving MIDI data or transmitting audio.  For the past 8 months I have had flawless, near perfect operation.  None of my hardware, or my hardware settings have been changed (unless the program changes something automatically).  When I look at any given instance of VI Pro, it says 'loading", even though the "loading data" screen is gone and the faders are visible, and it is taking a very long time, even for a large orchestral project.

My thinking is to now go back to the previous version of VE Pro.  I tried restarting VE Pro, but that didn't work.  I will next try to re-start the machine. 

Machine:  Windows 7 professional, 24 GB of RAM, Asus P6T motherboard, Intel i7-930 (or 940) CPU. 
    Sound Card:  RME 9652
    MIDI Interface:  MOTU MIDI Express XT

If anyone has any information about this issue it will help me determine if its something in my studio or ?

Thanks much,

Jerry Gerber

www.jerrygerber.com

• Here is a shortened version of the problem:  When I load a large orchestral library (I have plenty of RAM for it) the "loading data" screen in VE Pro changes to the normal, loaded program with faders visible.  But when I click on any given instance, they are all still loading, some at 1, 2 or 7% loaded!  Normal behavior is the "data loading" screen remains until VE Pro is ready for use. 

Is this a new bug, I've never seen it before.

Thanks

Jerry

• Are you mistaking Background loading for a bug?

DG

• I might be but there are other issues.  Weird graphic bugs have appeared when deleting an instance from a project and I understand the idea of background loading but when the screen that reads "data loading" ends, you'd think everything is loaded, but it is not.

with VI, VE Pro would cache the files, so if I closed VE Pro and reopened it, files would load very quickly.  That doesn't seem to be the case now that I've installed VI Pro.  Windows Task Manager shows VE Pro in memory many minutes after the program is closed, is this intentional?

Thanks for asking, I am sure I'll figure it out eventually, hopefully it is not a bug in the program, but a different loading process and my misunderstanding it.

Jerry

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

with VI, VE Pro would cache the files, so if I closed VE Pro and reopened it, files would load very quickly.  That doesn't seem to be the case now that I've installed VI Pro.  Windows Task Manager shows VE Pro in memory many minutes after the program is closed, is this intentional?

I think that it is Windows caching the files, not VE Pro.

DG

• Maybe Windows is, but I have made no changes to Windows since installing VI Pro the other day, so it seems to have something to do with VI Pro...Now that I understand background loading I won't panic when I see the main screen of VE Pro but cannot play all the sounds until the loading is finished...

Thanks for replying DG.

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com