Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] I cannot find my downloads !

last edited
    last edited

Hello,

I recently did some allround updates: to Snow Leopard, Logic 9 and I also updated my VSL software ....... and downloaded 3 new solo instruments which had been waiting.

However, these 3 new instruments don't appear in the VI player, although their licenses are shown. I did a search of my Mac and they don't seem to be anywhere I can find, although I went right through the installation processes with no problems.

Here are links to screen shots of where I thought I'd downloaded them to ........ perhaps someone can spot what I've done wrong.

5592644771_8c2c28439b.jpg

5592644887_ba06e25aef_z.jpg

Thanks,

Kay.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Kay,

Doesn´t seem like the files are there in "Volumes/VSL".

Did the download complete?

Did you install the files as well (i.e., click "install" in the DL Manager after the download has finished)?

Did you search for "V57" yet? This should find the downloaded files.

The full download and installation process is described in the DL Manager Manual, with screenshots.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

The download did complete, and I followed through exactly as described in the DL Manager Manual, too.

I also searched for V57 and found only the Blue download icon: V57_flugelhorn_std_v1.vsldownload  which is still on my desktop.

Regards,

Kay.

• Hi Kay,

The folder that is created by the Download Manager is called "V57_flugelhorn_std_v1" and contains cab files called "setup-Flugelhorn_01.cab" => "setup-Flugelhorn_20.cab".

If these files are not available on your computer, you have probably not downloaded anything. What happens if you double-click the vsldownload-file again?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Just checked: the files you mentioned are indeed installed  for the Flugelhorn, but not for the Soprano Sax / Clarinet in Eb so I'll download those again, and then check the VI player.

Kay.

• Everything's functioning now.

Thanks,

Kay.