Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,857 users have contributed to 42,189 threads and 254,611 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 61 new user(s).

  • Mac OS X 10.6.7, Sibelius and Vienna Ensemble

    I recently updated to the latest version of Snow Leopard, 10.6.7, and since then, I have been unable to get audio output from Sibleius 6.2 through Vienna Ensemble. It seems like it is playing and there is input to Vienna Ensemble, but no audio comes out. I have been forced to go back to using Sibelius Sounds. Is this a Known Issue? Is there anything that you can suggest? Thanks so much, Peter

  • Hello Peter!

    Do you see the level meters in Vienna Ensemble moving or just the MIDI input LED?
    Do you get an audio output in standalone mode of Vienna Ensemble?

    Best regards,
    Andi


    Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  AFAIK there are currently some problems with Sibelius and 10.6.7

    I would suggest looking at the Sibelius Website to see if your problem is covered there.

    DG 


  • That is exactly what I'm using right now, in addition to Cubase 6.  Sibelius is playing very well for me, using VE Pro; I've tried it with the free version of VE, too, and it's working together nicely.

    There's so much you didn't put in your note about your system, memory and audio interface.  That'd be good to know.

    You need to be careful about setting things up for VE in Sibelius, so that may be the first place I'd look to make sure Sibelius is set up properly; MIDI channel settings, and so on.  And see if VE is set so that each instrument is on the same MIDI channel you have setup in Sibelius.


  • I think I figured out the problem - seems that it wasn't 10.6.7, but an issue with the Directory Manager that I had overlooked. Many thanks for your help! Best, Peter

  • Hello again!

    I started having lots of problems with Sib 6.2 using os x 10.6.7.  For example, playing my keyboard for note input stopped working-no sound and no input.  I could only use the mouse to select a note and put it on the staff.  Also, Sib would crash all of the time whether I used VI Pro or VE Pro, even when I used as few VSL instruments as 4 in VE Pro.

    I checked the Sibelius Forum, and saw that many people reported similar issues.  Also, every time I ran Repair Permissions, I'd get a very long list of repaired permissions.  I ran it a lot, and this was the case every time.  I even tried the latest OS X Font update, and no resolution.

    So, I followed the suggestions on the Sib Forum, and reverted back to 10.6.6.  Now, things are working nicely again!


  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on