Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,534 users have contributed to 42,236 threads and 254,836 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Audun Jemtland said:

I only played for 5 minutes. And the guy who taught me how to play it played the Norwegian national anthem! hehehe. using the saw and a thin plank.

That must have sounded wonderful Audun! Everything alright lads? [[;)]]

• was there any info posted about FX Percussion? Don't think it was in Herb's original announcement...

Cheers,
    Ian

• It's great to see these new libraries are coming. I am especially looking forward to hearing demos & details of the Chamber Strings.

Well just to prove that I always want more, one future library I hope VSL is working on would be Recorders. This family of instruments seems to be grossly under represented in sample libraries generally.

( am I the only one that would like to see this? or has everyone else been put off by those lessons at school, leading to a life long hatred of the instrument. )

• On the saw topic:
    Many years ago when I used to perform in so-called "variety" shows, one of the acts was a professional saw player. (I'm being serious.....)

She had a specially made musical saw which had no teeth, and she played on it with a violin bow. It was quite remarkable! It sounded like a very high soprano voice, and was surprisingly loud. She was accompanied by a pianist and played a whole range of songs, all very much in tune.

Thought you'd like to know........I was impressed.

Regards - Colin

• Actually, I think youll find that the lead instrument in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nests' brilliant score by Jack Nitzsche was a musical saw.
    Incredibly beautiful and haunting and uncannily appropriate for the film.

or am I wrong?...

• No, actually that idea was really serious. I´d love to have a singing saw, it is an impressive instrument!

• Any details about these new products any time soon?

• They are finished. It's replication time now.
    So I would say, end of June to first week of July, maybe.
    But this is no official announcement.

best
    Herb

• Will there be some demos soon, Herb? [:D]

• Yeah ... some demos please [:D]

• In regard to the person who had a Recorder on his wishlist, I would 2nd that.
    I have been looking for a library that has that for some time now.
    B L