Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,961 users have contributed to 42,268 threads and 254,960 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Never mind... I just looked it up.

• I would like them to make it an OS too. People running VE on slaves usually only use them for that specific purpouse anyway. So why not create a very limited VEpro OS based on Linux. Or linux support (why on earth is there no linux support?).. either way is fine as long as i don't have to pay for an extra pro version of Windows just to run VEpro ^^,

And after they make it an OS, they can add the sequencer part, then you will have a dedicated audio OS and sequencer that is integrated with eachother for maximum performance and stability :)

Well, it would be nice :)

• Haha now we're suddenly in the realm of a VSL OS. Well, they already sell the Angelbird SSDs, why not just make the whole computer too? Hmm our wishlist is growing longer and longer.

• I've actually found that PT's with Sibelius onboard works fairly well! But, being a musician, I still prefer to play each instrument into seperate midi tracks (in PT's). Saves editing in Sibelius strictly to notation, and audio in PT's. I do use Sibelius on almost every score though for something to read from, do to old age and not much memery left. Also being a pianist, and starting on logic years ago when it was known as 'Creator/Notator', useing the piano roll became easy. Notator was 1st just a sequencer then added notation. At that time it was made and sold by a company in Germany. (Sorry about the history lesson, just being a little nostalgic??!!). As for a DAW,, I don't know? There are so many more probs involved in creating 1 from scratch. But with VSL's track record of creating the fantastic tools that they have given us,,, who knows, a fresh new DAW with their abilities and insight could be just what we need!! There is no limit to what they could do,,,,,, Mike

• Times of crissis are times of oportunities. I hear that avid is clossing the Sibelius UK team. Maybe VSL should buy Sibelius and then we all will be very happy :)

• Now it is 2014 ... 

One question to the developers:

Is a Sequencer still NOT a topic? ...

Yes, No or maybe are enough as an answer ...

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Lars

• Hi Lars, 

A sequencer application is not a topic for us.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL