Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Library Installation- Corrput File

Hi There Nowadays i am trying to set my new 64 bit Windows 7 PC which is sepcifically alloacted for VSL adventure. I started to install the Orchestral Strings 1 library but just 3 seconds to the end of 1st DVD , it syas 'Can not read installation package ( File Corrupted)' I checked the CD..no problems actually...Even i tried to copy DVD to local hard drive and install from there..Unfortunately no change.....Is there any solution for this or is it something common? I need urgent advices. Thanks in advance Best

• Hello Zizo,

Please contact and tell us which cab-file doesn´t work (the Library Installer should tell you), we will provide you with the faulty cab-file.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • if the DVD has no scratches i'd rather assume it would be a heat-problem with the DVD drive (laser loosing track) ... try to pause between copying files, if available try using an alternate DVD drive. is the DVD very hot when install or copy fails?

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hello again....I solved the problem by updating the firmware of my DVD Drive. It was just 1 year old Toshiba from my other Computer. Thanks for the sincere helps and interests of all. Proud to be a member at such kind of community..

• thanks for the feedback and good to hear you finally succeeded ... for those who are interested:

each DVD (manufactured or raw for burning) has a signature and DVD drives hold a list of specific parameters in their firmware about *best positioning laser* and similar parameters for the most important signatures.

if an entry in this list is missing or wrong the drive possibly selects parameters not compatible with the DVD ... we noticed that years ago with some series of SONY drives, but thought this would be no longer a problem.

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.