Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,840 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,934 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Yes.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • In the Teldex Larger Orchestra Preset,  are the intruments numbered from 29 to 34 meant for Dimension Brass?

• last edited
    last edited

Dear MIR users,

I'm very happy about the release of Teldex Studio Berlin for Vienna MIR. This most recent addition to our RoomPack 2 – Studios & Soundstages offers the ideal acoustic environment for all kinds of contemporary orchestral music production.

Taking the opportunity, I would like to share my personal "orchestral starting points" for this prestigious soundstage with you. One is a full-blown setup with 80 Vienna Instruments for large symphonic arrangements. The second one is meant to be used with smaller ensembles; it uses 32 Vienna Instruments, which make it a good choice for MIR SE users, too.

Both presets are based on examples of typical orchestral recording sessions supplied by the highly experienced, award-winning Teldex Studio staff themselves. All Icons are pre-positioned, levelled, labeled and assigned to Groups. Many of them make use of MIR's unique Character Presets.

None of the Vienna Instruments has any sample data loaded, though. This is done on purpose: Personally, I tend to look at these presets as an orchestra which has already taken seat, but no scores yet on the music stands in front of them. Depending on the task at hand I individually load selected Matrices into the Vienna Instruments I’m planning to use.

The beauty of this is that loading times are kept at a bare minimum. RAM usage is no issue either, as the number of loaded samples is totally scalable depending on the system's capabilites. Apart from that these presets can be used with a diverse set of VSL products, be it Special Edition, Download Libraries or DVD, Standard or Extended content.

In other words – every MIR user is empowered to generate his own personal orchestral starting points from these two basic setups.

Of course, these presets don't pretend to be an "instant mix". Like me, you will always find yourself changing some volume settings here, adding a plug-in there, or moving one instrument to the other side, just because it fits better to a certain arrangement. It's also worth mentioning that I decided to stick to the smaller Boesendorfer Imperial grand piano instead of the much more elaborated Vienna Imperial, mostly in order to avoid any "Missing Instrument" messages for those users who don't own the latter yet.

I hope you’ll enjoy making music in this wonderful virtual hall as much as I do.

Yours sincerly,

Herb Tucmandl – Founder and Managing Director, VSL

Operating instructions: Download the files from here. Copy the two *.MIR-files to an appropriate location on your hard-disk and open it from MIR's file dialog like any other MIR Project. Don't forget to rename before saving in case you want to come back to the original Presets later.

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@Sergino Futurino said:

In the Teldex Larger Orchestra Preset,  are the instruments numbered from 29 to 34 meant for Dimension Brass?

No,  they are meant to be used with the conventional solo instruments.

• Diets,

When will the original room pack be released in version 2 or are the download files from 2-14-2011 (version 1.0.231) the already version 2?

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

When will the original room pack be released in version 2 or are the download files from 2-14-2011 (version 1.0.231) the already version 2?

No, Version 1.0.231 is just that - V.1 😉 !

Getting the Konzerthaus RoomPack V.2 ready is on top of my priority list. Thanks for your patience!

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Is this V.1-version kind of an update or bug-fix in comparison with earlier V.1-versions? I installed the standard roompack in September 2010 when I purchased MIR (1.2 at the time). So does it make any sense to install version 1.0.231 now or will it be enough to wait for the V.2 of the standard roompack? Kind regards

• 'Cause of the date I thought as well it would be the new update and was almost on the way to download it. So thanks for information!

And looking forward to KH - Roompack V.2

Kind regards

Frank  

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Is this V.1-version kind of an update or bug-fix in comparison with earlier V.1-versions? I installed the standard roompack in September 2010 when I purchased MIR (1.2 at the time). So does it make any sense to install version 1.0.231 now or will it be enough to wait for the V.2 of the standard roompack? Kind regards 

Good question! - ? 

• Standard (i.e. Konzerthaus) RoomPack V.2 is mostly an update (introducing some features that were initially meant to be MIR Pro only) and a refinement of the existing Venues, but it contains a fixes for a few mapping errors in the Konzerthaus Foyer, too (... most likely, you won't notice the difference; it was for my personal peace of mind ;-)...). In addition, I'm working on new (additional) Starting Points.

IOW  - there's no need to download the latest V.1 as long as you didn't delete it from your HD unintentionally. 8-)

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

IOW  - there's no need to download the latest V.1 as long as you didn't delete it from your HD unintentionally. 8-)

I'm shure I do a lot of unintentionally blatant nonsense but God save me for doing this kind of sickness!