Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• I think that the point is that there are so many ways to use VSL and change patches, that there is no "one size suits all". The only thing to do, I suppose, would be to make an app using the factory Presets. Having said that, I never use any of the factory Presets, so it would be useless to me. Mind you, I don't really have any use for an iPad anyway, as I'm using a Lemur to do exactly what you describe. [;)]

DG

• I use a separate midi keyboard and also a Novation Zero SL MKII. But I forsee lots of possibilities for a dedicated IPad app. There are some amazing controller apps coming at now!!

• last edited
    last edited

Got you covered, at least for Appassionata Strings:

articulate.html

• *** WARNING - Controversial post ***

Does anybody have an iPad because it was bought for a very useful specific purpose, or does an iPad owner keep looking for apps until one turns up that might justify owning an iPad?

A bit like when I was at tech college many years ago, someone built a fancy and clever microprocessor based circuit to control an alarm, although impressive, I then showed him how I would do the same thing using 2 AND gates.

• Jim,

Your iPad app looks amazing. Well done. Apps like this would justify owning an iPad for me. I have an iPhone and apps like this are very handy!

• I do that with Excell, works well and is easy to improve or just adjust (manipulate)

Gerard

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

*** WARNING - Controversial post ***

Does anybody have an iPad because it was bought for a very useful specific purpose, or does an iPad owner keep looking for apps until one turns up that might justify owning an iPad?

I bought an iPad to use for 2 months while I was recovering from some major spine surgery. (Ouch!!...but much better now)

It was amazing and fulfilled all my needs at the time. Now that it's not quite so essential, I still use it for many tasks and think of it as a different device from my regular computer. Maybe that answers part of your question. 

• last edited
    last edited

@whinecellarstudio said:

Got you covered, at least for Appassionata Strings:

articulate.html

Jim, this looks great!

Any plans to expand this app to include other VSL libraries...?

• Just for interest:

Spectrasonics announced a new iPad app which will control Omnisphere:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/2011/news-from-namm-2011/

(near the end of the page...)

So, having an iPad will become ever more useful.

•    So, exactly why would an iPad be useful but not, say, some random other tablet, my windows phone, etc? I also disagree with the idea that the app would need custom scripts, necessarily... One can imagine having any application on computer 1 (i.e. phone, tablet, whatnot), communicating with application on computer 2 over virtual midi. The application has configurable buttons, (e.g. 'rightclick to name button') and configurable output (e.g. 'rightclick to set output channel' &c). This would make it unnecessary - though one could easily add such - to have custom patches as your iPad or whatever will be just a fully customisable midi controller - basically one for which you need no stickers! It would, after all, be quite odd to have such an extremely adaptable piece of software as VI(P)/VE(P) and then suddenly be stuck with someone else's keyswitch schemes!

Sorry - ending rant here. All in all, I also really want a touchscreen tablet computer, call me jealous!

Mich