Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,118 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Got a nice surprise from Best Service today in my postbox:

Dimension Brass DVD for completion of the Exploration Kit !

ThatĀ“s what I call perfect "After Sales Service.

cheers

kh

P.S.: Of course you need the Exploration Vienna dongle also for installation, but in case you try your regular Vienna Key, the installer will tell you that this is the wrong way :)

• Thanks for for replies on my questions! I wanted to be sure to buy the kit in the required time frame, but honestly have been swamped with other work (I'm a college prof.) as well as finishing a synthesis project. However, I'm reserving a week in March to really get into he exploration kit. It sounds as though I will have no problems. I'm wondering if I'm also in line for the Dimension DVD over here in USA as part of the kit. That would be wonderful as, ironically, that might be my next purchase if it in fact sounds as good as it seems. Cheers to all. Steve

• Just ask your distibutor.

I donĀ“t know if Best Service delivers to the US. If they do, maybe they even include the Dimension Brass direcly on the new harddiscs. My impression is, that they only have a small number of them in stock and copy the HDs more or less on demand.

Even if not, they can provide you with the DVD and you can install it easily with the library manager.

I donĀ“t comment on this specific library, because IĀ“m not a good judge at all for brass instruments. Of course I took the chance and installed it, but IĀ“m too stupid to work with the trumpets and the other instruments. But thatĀ“s not the fault of the library.

For me it is much easier to mix strings and woodwinds or match percussion to it and make it sound good.

My personal advice : Look at the not so expensive libraries like Harps or Elements. They are really nice, top notch sounding and very easy to implement in the arrangement. If possible buy the DVD versions, not the downloads, for reasons of easier upgrade paths.

Greetings

kh