Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,561 users have contributed to 42,239 threads and 254,844 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

What does the CPU meter in the VE Pro instances say?

CPU meter in VE PRO freezes when the dropouts and Mac CPU overload happens.

It's as if the whole application just freezes. Again, the rest of the tracks that don't feed audio from VE PRO continue to play during the dropouts/freezes.

• On my end - the cpu never exceeds 30%. However - I just got an overload and Kontakt (in VSL) said 'Please close and restart Kontakt after a sample change'. I have been switching around different programs in my host, so perhaps a sample rate change occurred. Hard to know for sure though - this may not be directly related to VSL.. maybe its Kontakt. I'll post on the NI forums and see whats up

• In case anyone is following this thread - I wanted to mention I reverted back to the previous version of Kontakt 4 and the problem seems to have gone away (so far).. And I noticed this problem starting once I installed the latest Kontakt 4 - (the 4.1.3 update which was release end of last month). So if my theory is correct, the problem has something to do with the latest Kontakt 4 and how it's interacting with VSL. It may have something to do with sample rate issues since when the problem occurred sometimes Kontakt would give me a 'wrong sample rate issue'. But after reverting the the previous Kontakt 4 install, my system has been stable. I'll update in case something new comes up.

• I'm also getting dropout issues but with no CPU overload showing either on host or server running in 32bit mode. Host is a quad core Mac 12Gb RAM OS10.6.5 running ProTools 8.1 & VEP plugin. Server is same OS, 8 Core mac 16Gb RAM using VEP + VIP (haven't tried Kontakt). The dropouts seem random - no sign that they're related to CPU spikes or other processes. I've watched the Activity Monitor whilst running the VEP/VIP combination and nothing untoward appears to be happening. VEP CPU load about 25%. Currently running Pro Tools with 256 samples delay but higher values seem to make no diference. I also have another issue where, the first time I go into record, the VEP/VIP sound distorts. The only way I can resolve this is by saving the session, quitting Pro Tools and then restarting. PT will then go into record without the accompanying distortion from VEP.

• I have the same problem. Kontakt 4.1.3 and Omnisphere running in Ve Pro on the same machine as Logic 9.1.3. Freeze and dropout every few minutes. It completely ruins any semblance of workflow. When it happens I notice there is a 100% spike on one of the processors (running on a 12-core mac pro) in Activity Monitor. Kontakt and Ve Pro both set to single processor per instance. I hope this gets fixed one day.

• I'm on build 4.1.7043 and, for a while, had a stable system. Unfortunately one day I let Mac update to OS 10.6.6, and suddenly started experience dropouts, timing issues, etc. Can anybody confirm this?

• It happens to RMX as well... It looks like it happens to all AU

• Hello there, I have exactly the same problem. Sometimes asio-meter is raising to 100% and all my 16 CPU cores also raise to 100%. Then after 1 minute everything is fine again.

Are there any news how to fix this problem? Of course I have the latest updates of VE Pro, Cubase etc.

• sounds like another case of dynamic IP to me, any of this. 

I have used many versions of VEP 4 and Kontakt, and various AUs in it. The only time I can report that kind of pervasive performance problem owed to when i didn't know to fix the IP.

• last edited
    last edited

@civilization 3 said:

sounds like another case of dynamic IP to me, any of this. 

Hi civilization3, thanks for your answer. But I have both on local mashine, VE Pro and sequencer. It's a powerfull working station with 2 processors (16 cores) and 48 GB Ram.

Even if I play no sound and the transporter is stopped sometimes all 16 CPU cores raise to 100%. Then after one minutes the spook is over and the CPUs calm down (to average 30%).

Only If I disconnect all VE Pro instances the problem doesn't occur.