Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• well, on my macs, they all (in applications, audio>plugins>components, VST, VST3) read: 4.1.7043. 'Build' = 'version'.

'

• The version number is structured as such: <MajorVersion>.<MinorVersion>.<RevisionNumber>.

• I am receiving the following after upgrading to ViennaEnsemblePro-OSX-4.1.7043. (See Error Listed below

• In windows there is a VST settings button available to set folder location and scan for changes. Is this not available on MAC
    • No effects are showing up except Apple's AU, 
    • 32 bit version is working and all effects are showing up and working properly. 
    • Does Vienna Pro have VST support none is showing up in my setup. Am I doing something wrong?
    • Is there support for cubase VST3 plugs effects on either WIN7 or OSX 10.6
    • Will there be a bridge built in future for 32 bit support in 64 bit app?

Thanks for any input, I have purchased Pro but before I spend time with it, trying to see if this will work for me...

Kenny

• On a Mac, VEP does not see .vst, only the AU .component. AFAIK Cubase plugs are completely proprietary ie., work only in Cubase.

If you see only the Apple AUs in the 64-bit VEP, it means you probably have no other 64-bit fx for VEP to see.

• Oh well, I guess another waste of time and money. Funny all software I use is VST based...or can use VST on my mac

Software here is great concept but it seems only to work properly on PC, on mac the only thing I can use it with so far is VSL and no 3rd party plugs. My reason for getting was to use both MAC and PC together. Anyone know of software like FX Teleport that can be used to link Mac and PC computers? Or is there a wrapper that is supported by VSL (exp FXpansion wrapper that is used by Pro Tools and Digital Performer)....

Thx,

Kenny

• VE Pro hosts AU's on Mac and VST's on Windows, seeing as this covers 99% of plugins out there. You can indeed only run 32bit plugins in a 32bit VE Pro, and 64bit plugins in a 64bit VE Pro. Note that you can run the 32bit and 64bit VE Pro Server side by side without problems though. On Windows you can also use a third party bit bridge like jBridge.

• I am using a number of Native Instruments, BFD2, Play, IKMM TRackS and Amplitube2 (Jimi Hendrix, Metal, Fender etc) with no issues currently as AU.

It would be stupid to use FX teleport if you own a VEP license. Use the windows box for the things that don't provide AU versions and the Mac for the ones that do.  VEP works [&]

• last edited
    last edited

@kzarider said:

Software here is great concept but it seems only to work properly on PC, on mac the only thing I can use it with so far is VSL and no 3rd party plugs. 

Kenny,

There are COUNTLESS .au instruments. Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, and a slew of others...

What instruments do you use on the mac that are only VST ? Have you checked to see if the developer makes an AU version?

This really is not an issue since most all commercial instruments are cross platform.

Please be specific..

J

• I would be interested to know which Mac plugins come as VST only.

• Hey everyone, I haven't upgraded my version of VEPro since first installing it a long while back. I'd like to get updated and have some installation questions that I can't find answers for (its not in the manual as far as I can tell etc).

Do I need to uninstall VEPro to install the new version? Or is it automatic? (Does the old version get updated or erased?)

It WAS a while ago, but I can't recall exactly how this worked: VEPro needs to be on my VEPro machine (what I call Mac #2) and my main DAW machine that runs Digital Performer (what I call MAc#1). Can I freely install on both machines? Note that ONLY Mac #2 (The VEPro machine, not the main DAW) has the Vienna Key (Steinberg key) with license.

Thanks, Rob

• the 'updates' are all full versions.

Mac #1 will need a dongle to run VEP as standalone or server object on that machine. If all you do is DP>connects to VEP server (running on Mac #2), you're set with the one dongle.

• Thanks.

Another question, I noticed here someone talking about PLAY. Last I checked (and it WAS a while ago!) PLAY was not compatible with VEPro. Was there an update on VEPro's side or PLAY's side that has made it now use-able in VEPro? (I assume it's 32bit btw).

• the latest version of Play does work under Snow Leopard, 32-bit. Works fine here and I haven't seen recent reports of problems, but if you want to use Play (uses a Memory Server) in the same VEP server as Kontakt Memory Server in either 3.5 or 4, forget about it, they won't share.

• Thanks that is really appreciated info.

So if I want to use PLAY (and finally for me get it OFF my main mac as standalone UUUGGGGGH!!!!) I upgrade my VEPro machine to SNOW LEOPARD and run PLAY in its own instance in the 32 bit server? Does my main mac also need to be upgraded to SNOW? Thanks so much, I really want to get PLAY off of my main machine.

• You don't have to upgrade either your master or slave. Both VE Pro and Play work in Leopard and Snow Leopard. Also, there is no problem whatsoever connecting Leopard to Snow Leopard and vice versa using VE Pro.

• I just upgraded VEPro and VI to latest versions just now. (Both on my main DAW / Digital Performer mac and the VEPro Mac). All OK EXCEPT in Digital Performer, the input to all the various different AUX tracks (that are tied to VEpro) are now showing the name of the VEPro instances in italics instead of active and I can't hear anything from VEPro.

I can go through and create new inputs in DP but I have a lot of tracks and hundreds of files I would have to do this to.

Any ideas?!

• karel: thanks for the info. May I please clarify, I want to use PLAY in Vepro, not alongside it (eg standalone) but within it. When I tried this some time ago, when VEPro was first released, Vienna informed me that it was not compatible. Can you clarify that PLAY works inside VEPro now? Thank you, just trying to avoid a headache!

• Hi Rob,

The latest version of PLAY works within VE PRO [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • SUCH GOOD NEWS! I don't know if it was ever "announced" eg via email or VSL newsletter, but very very glad to hear it. Moving my PLAY material over to my VEPro machine right now!

• It was not announced by VSL, because VSL didn't change anything. East West released an update of Play some time ago which mentioned the VE Pro compatibility problems being resolved.