Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,748 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 75 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

BTW Trevor and Hans,  you have my permission to listen to any of my music any time you wish

Oh I am sure that they will be doing this sometime soon... LOL!!

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IRONY?  I am of course aware they won't be listening,  They don't give a shit.  And so I am being just a wee bit ironic there. 

And don't tell me stuff about how art is business, o.k.?  As a means of excusing COMPROMISE OF EVERY ARTISTIC PRINCIPLE AND SELLING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL FOR A BUCK.

O.K.?  Don;t give me that shit becuase I am sick of hearing it. 

Now for my prediction: I will be accused of being an "elitist" or a snob who is against good hard-working composers who make a living with what they do.  No, I am not against them at all.  Because many of them do GOOD MUSIC while they make money.  Many, but not all, and definitely not the highest paid of them today.

And if you don't like my criticisms which are honest and sincere whether you agree or not - then go become a tyrannical dictator somewhere where you can tell everyone what to think.  I"ll join the underground.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

How paranoid can you get?  You are not a moron obviously.  I did not mean you!

REALLY??  Dude... don't be all bashfull now that I called you out! You come on here flaming people, and then act like you never said it.  IT'S IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!!!  You said "Why in the hell does anyone go into music?  TO MAKE MONEY?  You are a fucking moron if that is your reason."  You quoted me... and used everything I said as an example... That has nothing to do with being paranoid. 

Yes I am in this business, to make money...  yes you are talking about me and anyone else who recieves money for their art.  It is not a hobby for me, or a side venture.  So at this point, unless I decide to launch a solo-carreer as a rock star and express my political and moral views on everyone just to be a voice for my art, I do this strictly for money.  And hope to do so for a loooooooong time!

So, don't come on here flame someone, and then back peddle.  Honestly... that's even more insulting. If you mean something different... say it the first time.  I read it.  and have re-read it. It says the exact same thing.

I was honestly amused the first time I posted on this thread, because of how upset people get over Hans Zimmers music.  I still am.  I was only stating a fact, which you confirmed, about that music IS a business. I have been quoted a couple of times by others in this thread... and never did they say "f**king moron" after they quoted me.  I'm just saying!

I leave you with a very early "Merry Christmas to you all!"[A]

Brad

•  I misspelled career... oops.  Maybe I am a "f**king moron" after all! [:P]

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on