Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,549 users have contributed to 42,239 threads and 254,843 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• p.pan, I understand. Maybe I'll do a setup video in the future - got no time (or muse) for it now. What specifically would you like to know?

the basic principle of my setup is simple: Main Mac and a few slaves that hold the samples in RAM, all connected via Ethernet and running VEPro which in turn loads VSL or Kontakt libraries. Everything I will change frequently (synths, Omnisphere, drums, unusual sounds...) gets loaded on a project basis on my main MAC. Whether the slaves are Mac or PC is a matter of personal preference and how important budget is. I'm sure one can build super quiet and powerful PC slaves that cost less than Macs, but the no-hassle-factor is big for me, so I chose what I'm familiar with.

One caveat I experienced with VEPro: If I have all 4 slaves connected, I can only have 18 VI-Frames connected; the more connected slaves, the fewer VI-Frames (Logic freezes if I try to connect more). I am interested in other users' experiences in this regard.