Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,469 users have contributed to 42,230 threads and 254,808 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• For all, who face the same problem - here's what solved my situation, thanx to Dietz. I just adjustet the buffer multiplier from 2x to 4x and the audio latency to 2048 samples. It perfectly works! This setup is of course not appropriate for real time composing, but I compose in Cubase only anyway ;-)

• Hey! Great news.

Increasing latency and/or buffer multiplier is always a good way to see if it's the application or the machine which is causing trouble. AFAIR, this is even mentioned in the manual ... ;-)

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@doubleattack said:

Hallo Dietz, thank you very much for kindly welcome and instantly support! So I sent the reports to you. Hope they want help to find the reason for the issues. Kind regards, Frank

Frank, I was testing Kontakt 4 within MIR today, and I can't reproduce the errors you seem to encounter.

Just to make sure - by "banks inside Kontakt" you mean a "multi on one MIDI channel", don't you? According to the Kontakt Manual, a "multi" is its most complex organization entity. I played a few hours with a project including a Multi, saving it, re-opening it, changing both the Icon's position, the Output Format as well as the Venue it was positioned is ... not a single hiccup. 😕

... I'm still waiting for the results of our developers, though. I just thought I should let you know that we didn't forget about you. 😉

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@multisca said:

Hello

MIR crashes when i choose it in the menu ouput and the software closes.

Win7, QUad 3Ghz, 16Go, RME 96/32 + HDSPe AIO

Hello Multisca,

during the Kontakt-tests I mentioned before I constantly switched from one Output Format to another (all Factory surround formats amongst them, plus half a dozen 5.1-setups of my own) , in different Venues (ORF Soundstages, Mozartsaal, and some unreleased Venues) - not a single crash. Not even the slightest irregularity. ... well, once I forgot to drag an Icon back into the valid HotSpot area, thus it remained silent. 8-)

Could you send us a Project file that gives you the troubles you mentioned above, please?

TIA,

• Dietz, first - thank you so much for this personal support! On sunday, thats really passion - incredible (I do not really find an apposite word for such kindliness!) - Regarding the issue - unfortunately it's like the weather in april. Today I worked few ours like you (18 instances shared of Kontakt, VI Pro, HAlionSO) on new MIR update from yesterday) with all changes you did - without any problems (except the message "could not load plugin" for the last Kontakt instance on load; I ignore this, and have (for work around) every time one instance more than nessesary in the template. Meanwhile I assume to a complexly issue depend of computer system and different protection systems of MIR, Kontakt and Steinberg (for HSO), but - have to wait in suspense for the results of the developers. So, thanks again for take care of!

• And Dietz, btw - I did a mistake and quote accidental - and wasn't able to annul it; apparently I'm not much experienced by forums...I'm sorry.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Meanwhile I assume to a complexly issue depend of computer system and different protection systems of MIR, Kontakt and Steinberg (for HSO), [...]

... hmmm ... it is tempting to blame copy protection for the issues you experienced, but a gut feeling tells me that this is not the reason. Both Steinberg and VSL products rely on the eLicenser, and NI's software uses a challenge-response scheme - those two hardly interfere with each other.

After writing my message yesterday, I was able to provoke a strange crash within MIR. It was late at night, so I have no prove yet that I can reproduce it, and I don't know if it is related to your issues at all; but I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,

• After my professedly speculativ assumption in my last post I will give some secured information whats happen with Kontakt 4.1.1. in MIR 1.2. build 1810 on my system; not for you only - of course for you first, Dietz, but also specially for this guys, they have the same issues with crashes on save.

My "provoke crash template" had 1 VI Pro instance with the DL upright bass and 4 Kontakt instances (3 third part librarys = Abbey Road 60s, BBB 1. trumpet mic 1, Kontakt factory foersterflügel and one instrument bank filled up with 40 slots = at all ca 3 GB)

1. MIR never crashs on save when I build up a new template. I can change the venues, output formats or change the instrument settings inside the instrument instances and in MIR - no problems at all for ever.

2. New load of the same template after restart of MIR I got s o m e t i m e s the message "can't load plugin" - and the last Kontakt instance (in this case foersterflügel) is not in the loaded template (there is an instrument chanel without the instrument.)

3. MIR loaded in the third Kontakt instance (in this case Abbey Road 60s Drums) not all samples, it happened every new load; I have to purge and reload all samples inside the Kontakt instance. (in bigger and real templates with BBB sometimes the same problem in the more than one instances.) In the same template inside Cubase on the same computer with the same settings and same MIDI informations to instruments Kontakt displays not this behavior.

4. MIR load Kontakt instances t w o times - specially the protected third part librarys (BBB, Abbey Road.) This not happen with banks, they will load normaly one time. (This also don't happen inside cubase on the same computer, same setup.)

5. With changes inside the Kontakt instance a n d changes of instrument settings inside MIR of this reloaded template I can provoke a crash on save after five times at the latest (That could be enough time for real world mixing - but often it crashs the first or second time.)

6. For this issue the settings of audio buffer, multiple buffer, midi input setting (ethernet or internal), hyperthreading on or of it never minds - in my experience.

My question to the MIR-user of this forum: Has somebody experienced something like that? If so, let's compare the systems and settings, so that we can isolate the issue. Every hint much appreciated.

Kind regards

• Thanks a lot for the detailed repro! [Y] I will forward your message to our developers.

Off-topic side-note: Please open your VSL Forum profile (it's in the second line on the top of this page), click on the "Communication" tab and switch the Content Editor to "Enhanced", otherwise all text formats are lost as soon as you post your messages. - I hope it's ok that I re-formatted your message above.

• Just a little update: Our developers are already in contact with Kontakt (no pun intended) programers at Native Instruments.

•  
      •  
        • "I hope it's ok that I re-formatted your message above."

Dietz, thanks a lot - much appreciated - thats what I'm looking for and didn't find. 8-)