Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,676 users have contributed to 42,253 threads and 254,888 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I've noticed that the hanging notes mostly takes place during playback in cycle mode and within identical MIDI channels from differnet MIDI port. For example if I playback a musicial phrase using MIDI Port 2/Midi channel 1, an unwanted hanging notes appears randomly at MIDI Port 1/Midi channel 1. This might suggest that the "Micro" used to identify the "Port" might not functional properly in Logic Pro.

• last edited
    last edited

@Gubik said:

I've noticed that the hanging notes mostly takes place during playback in cycle mode and within identical MIDI channels from differnet MIDI port. For example if I playback a musicial phrase using MIDI Port 2/Midi channel 1, an unwanted hanging notes appears randomly at MIDI Port 1/Midi channel 1. This might suggest that the "Micro" used to identify the "Port" might not functional properly in Logic Pro.

Very interesting. This is the likely cause of my hanging notes too, as each string instrument has its own port, e..g  ch1 solo violin, ch2 violin chamber strings, ch3 violin sord chamber strings etc etc. This makes it very likely that most parts share the same midi channel. For me it happens just as much when not in cycle mode.

I am still using VE Pro 4.1.8008, each 'port' is in a separate instance, but you seem to be using VE PRo 5's new multi port facility? What's a "Micro"?

Another side effect of what you're describing is a problem with Mackie Control Universal. The MCU doesn't recognise separate tracks with the same midi channel, even if they are cabled to different VE Pro instances. This results in a weird duplication of fader channels on the MCU. My workaround is to always send to some unused MidiOverLan ports at the same time, ie sending midi into blank space, just so that the MCU can distinguish between tracks.

Dom

• The Micro is used on a template for Logic users (you need to read the VE PRO 5's manual for this @ page 35) that is available to download below. Hanging notes actually is occurring all the time know (Cycle mode on/off). I belive this is a Logic issue (Apple should develop an advance Audio Unit Format). http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/2022/1709.htm http://dl.dropbox.com/u/518592/VEP.png

• Did you try using IAC  ?

Did you look how much memory is left in Activity monitor ?

This has solved my hanging notes problem

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I have this issue often with Morphestra.  I definitely think certain libraries are problematic with this.  All notes off does not kill it, you have to hit panic in Kontakt.