Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,580 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,852 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Hi again DG,

Looking for some clarification since I have no practical experience with MIR to date and just so my mind doesn't insinuate too much ambiguity into this particular scenario. (BTW I won't hold you to whatever the final product actually ends up being - I'm simply relying on your knowledge and background regarding this.)

1. MIDI from sequnecer to VE Pro                 (via ethernet to slaves handling VE Pro w/ VI Pro?)
    2. Audio return to sequencer from VE Pro  (So the outputs of the VE Pro slaves get back to the sequencer via stereo audio interface channels? So I would need audio interfaces for all computers, presumably w/ lots of channels to handle all the separate instruments that want to be handled in the MIR process?))
    3. Route audio return as input into MIR       (Huh? Are you referring to the audio that is now within the sequencer back from the slaves?
    4. Route mix out of MIR                                   (Back to Sequencer specifically, so it can handle the outputs of MIR Pro as a stereo [or more channels] mix to add to a hybrid mix with elements available to the Sequencer? For example, instruments that won't want to see MIR processing, host sequencer effects and processing including external hardware. It'll be interesting to think how I will go about saving a complete Song/Session in this process. )

• Jack, I have no more information than you do, so I really can' answer your questions, other than making uninformed assumptions. Maybe Dietz will be able to chime in here.

DG

• Jack, as much i appreciate your interest, please be aware that MIR Pro is under development, so it's too early to publish detailed feature lists.

Concept-wise, we head for a solution that allows a deep integration of MIR's underlying principles into any DAW; in its "MIR Pro"-incarnation you should be able to use it as an alternative mixing front-end then (... or as highly specialized submixer, if this is what you're after).

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Dietz,

I do realize the restaurant's menu is not set yet. 

Looking forward to a sumptuous meal. 

• Hello Dietz,

To Be sure i understood well the idea, i would just like to ask one question concerning hypothetics features on Mirpro:

Will it be possible to work with a slave MirPro computer exactly as I work with VE pro which means mid and audio dialog over network?

In other words Could i consider Mir Pro as a VE Pro version including Mir Architecture and possibilities but avoiding sound card and midi over lan software for my slave computer?

Thanks very much for helping;

Best regards from Fance,

Nicolas

• Thanks for you interest, Nicolas. The final form of MIR Pro is still very much work in progress. As it looks now, MIR Pro will have to reside on your main machine, like a big meta-plugin, but with the ability to channel audio into it from the local machine as well as from a slave computer - even via LAN. It is no big secret that the underlying platform is Vienna Ensemble Pro technology; the whole idea of having a VSL-specific VST-host actually derives from the earliest concepts of MIR.

All of this may (or may not) change for the release version, of course. I know that this sounds pretty vague, but I don't want to raise your hopes, just to see you disappointed later. Thanks for your patience. :-)

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

The final form of MIR Pro is still very much work in progress. As it looks now, MIR Pro will have to reside on your main machine, like a big meta-plugin, but with the ability to channel audio into it from the local machine as well as from a slave computer - even via LAN.

If this is how it ends then I'm in. In for the SE version at least. For Pc.

Cheers.

• Hello,

are there any news about MIR for Mac? I´m just about to extend my VSL-library and think that MIRT would be the main point to stay 100 percent with VSL.

Yours, Alfred

• Hi Alfred, thanks for your interest in our products!

Vienna MIR will stay Windows only. But MIR Pro is under development right now. It will bring OSX compatibilty, DAW integration, generic audio inputs and many other features our users were waiting for (... and we ourselves, too, of course ;-) ...). I can't give you an official release date, but we are still aiming for a finished product before summer 2011.

Thanks for your patience!

• I just want to highlight that last 3 weeks in vienna have been fall - not summer ... at least weather wise ;)

• last edited
    last edited

@gabriel81 said:

I just want to highlight that last 3 weeks in vienna have been fall - not summer ... at least weather wise 😉

[st][8o|]

.... [;)]

• In this case MIR PRO should be available soon - cause I thought I should cam in autumn. Or is this too optimistic?

• We're beta-testing, concentrating on the new version of Vienna Ensemble Pro at the moment, which MIR Pro relies on. I'd say autumn is a safe guess (.... hopefully! ;-) ...).

Kind regards,