Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,584 users have contributed to 42,242 threads and 254,861 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• Hi Karel,

Respectfully, I still don't get that - there are no "latency changes" involved.  I always run my sessions at consistent settings; it's not like I'm changing anything while working.  It's simply that any VE Pro buffers (1 or 2) get added to the bounced file; setting it to 'none' or disabling Logic's latency comp fixes it.  I don't mean to sound at all argumentative, it's just that turning off VE Pro's additional buffers fixes the problem, so it seems logical (no pun intended) that the problem is on that side.  Enough of that though - my knowledge stops at C+ programming, so I leave it to you to figure it out ;-)  Besides, as I mentioned, the workaround is 100% dependable and very easy.

As for working at higher buffer settings in Logic (512, 1024 or 2048), I don't see that as being a realistic option for anyone who wants to record their parts in real time as latency becomes a problem once you pass 128 for most folks?

Thanks as always for weighing in Karel!

• It does. Thanks a lot!

• last edited
    last edited

@Talino said:

It does. Thanks a lot!

Was this in reply to my post?

• last edited
    last edited

@whinecellarstudio said:

As for working at higher buffer settings in Logic (512, 1024 or 2048), I don't see that as being a realistic option for anyone who wants to record their parts in real time as latency becomes a problem once you pass 128 for most folks?

The point is that you can try to set these settings before bouncing (rather than having to set the latency for each plugin). As absurd as it may sound, it could actually help. I would try it myself, but haven't been able to reproduce this here.

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

The point is that you can try to set these settings before bouncing (rather than having to set the latency for each plugin). As absurd as it may sound, it could actually help. I would try it myself, but haven't been able to reproduce this here.

Ah - gotcha.  I actually find it's easiest to simply use the key command to toggle Logic's latency compensation just before bouncing any VE Pro tracks - works like a charm 😉

Thanks again Karel,