Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,780 users have contributed to 42,259 threads and 254,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• The main reason I went for MR816 was because I use Cubase, so the extra tight integration was alluring - and it is nice and working well.

Also you seem to get more for less with MR816...just not multiclient operation [:(]

I had the opportunity to do a comparison btw. FW-800 and MR816 - and well not much difference in sound quality of the Mics, maybe the MR816 was a little bit more crisp. Both where stable, but I could get the RME all the way down to 64 samples w/o drop-outs, the MR816 started with dropouts at 96 samples.

I must admit that I sort of assumed that since the MR816 is supposed to be a professional audio interface, it would naturally have this feature, and I think its shame on Steinberg for not having provided this. 

I hope MIR Pro will be released some time soon, preferably by august first [A] - and yeah you're right it would be great to have VI proxies in your sequencer.

• last edited
    last edited

@Kambiz said:

[...] i am hoping the best for MIR pro. the absolute highlight would be the posibility to add instruments directly in cubase and do all the rest in MIR. no virtual midi or audio routing etc

I can't promise anything, but there might be a few pleasant surprises for you in the not so distant future 😉

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • So Dietz - when will MIR Pro be released?[;)]

I know you can't answer that - but maybe you could tell the year? 2010? 2011?

• Like I wrote in another thread recently: We have high hopes to see MIR Pro in Winter 2010/2011 - but that's not an official announcement, so please don't hold your breath for it. Software development is always a moving target when it comes to schedules ...

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Like I wrote in another thread recently: We have high hopes to see MIR Pro in Winter 2010/2011 - but that's not an official announcement, so please don't hold your breath for it. Software development is always a moving target when it comes to schedules ...

Thx Dietz

- and I will try and breathe now and then [:D]