Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,936 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Errikos, just one more thing that I think you should consider. Sibelius is pretty much dead, so I wouldn't make any life changing decisions until Steinberg's new notation software comes out. I think that people will be leaving Sibelius is droves so if you chose to go down this route, you would be in good company. If the application turns out the way I expect it to, there will be lots of tie-ins with Cubase and Nuendo, so for your purposes (and mine, TBH) it would make sense to have a sequencer that works well with your notation application.

DG

• Hey Daryl, are you referring to D. Spreadbury's awaited notation software? Do you have inside information on that you would care to share, as this would be very valuable! You could P.M. me if you'd like to keep it private. Or is it something else, and approximately when do you time its implementation and release? Bringing notation to performance closer together in computers - approximating what happens at the concert hall - by intuitive and musical programming would be a great leap forward.

• Interesting that you heared of the Development of this new Notationsoftware too. Do you have an Info about the Release-Year ? Steinberg also prepare a Grooveagent PRO.

• FWIW, I had one email exchange with D. Spreadbury, given some special concerns/needs that I have, and was most encouraged that he actually took the time to respond to my question.  IMO, it is important to remember that this notation program is a brand new program, and it may be awhile before it is released.  I too am most curious to find out what the result will be.