Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,657 users have contributed to 42,249 threads and 254,882 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• It's only been a few days and I haven't pushed it (I normally only use a few EW sounds at a time anyway), but it's working great for me so far. It's a HUGE relief. Before, I had all my VSL libraries on a Mac Pro slave with VE Pro, working great, with Play alongside Sonar on my Windows XP master, and was constantly having trouble with Play taking over CPU resources, missing notes or sustains on export, etc. Whether it's just finally getting Play onto a slave rather than the master computer, getting it onto a Mac rather than PC, or some other improvements they've done, it's totally working great. There's been much less swearing in my studio this week. :)

Of course, to stay on topic, it's thanks to VSL and VE Pro that I can do it! And VSL is still the vast majority of my sound. I pretty much only use EW for instruments VSL doesn't offfer.

• I updated to the latest versions of Play (v2.0.18) and VE Pro (v4.0.6150, both master and slave) and tried to add a SD2 plugin to my slave PC's VE Pro (64-bit) and I still get the "Could not creat plugin play_VST_x64". I'm having a deja vu :/

I got it working yesterday just once, but I haven't been able to recreate it. I've tried everything, including an empty VE Pro (not server) instance with no other instances open. In my VE Pro instances, I have VSL sounds, plus many Kontakt's (v4.10.3681, loading samples in background) and MidiOverLan. In my master, all VE Pro plugins are in Bidule.

Any ideas?

• last edited
    last edited

@lenersen said:

I updated to the latest versions of Play (v2.0.18) and VE Pro (v4.0.6150, both master and slave) and tried to add a SD2 plugin to my slave's VE Pro (64-bit) and I still get the "Could not creat plugin play_VST_x64". I'm having a deja vu 😕

On Mac PLAY (2.0.18 ) is still a 32bit app , because EastWest - like other developers - has to wait for PACE 64bit drivers .

Therefore PLAY has to be loaded into the   32bit VEPro Server   on Mac .

Best ,

Gerd

• last edited
    last edited

@gerdkaeding_31947 said:

On Mac PLAY (2.0.18 ) is still a 32bit app , because EastWest - like other developers - has to wait for PACE 64bit drivers .

Therefore PLAY has to be loaded into the   32bit VEPro Server   on Mac

My Slave is a 64-bit PC, not a Mac. Sorry, I left that info out.

• last edited
    last edited

@lenersen said:

My Slave is a 64-bit PC, not a Mac. Sorry, I left that info out.

Ah , okay , I see .

Sorry , then I don't know the answer to solve your issue ....

• It seems Play still has problems with VE Pro if there is a Kontakt 4.1 instance open with samples loading in the background.

• Please verify this in other hosts too though. On Mac, both use a memory server, which could cause conflicts unrelated to VE Pro.

• In Kontakt 4.1 in a 64-bit instance, there is no need for the memory server. It's switched off by default I think. Here, the two memory servers, EW's and KMS will not co-exist at all. I am separating out Play (only 32-bit available on mac) from Kontakt in all cases now.

• Play is still not working here.

If I try and instantiate a 64bit version of PLAY (Windows) in the 64bit VE Pro server, I get the same old "could not create plugin ..." error.  Reproducible 100% of the time.

I've checked the version numbers of VE Pro and PLay and both are the latest.  Looks to me like this still is not fixed.

Jules