Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,488 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,815 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Composer321 said:

I'm just scratching the surface.

Welcome to the "Great Journey" Composer 321  And a truely great journey it is.  One of the first things I learned when I started working with VSL, or any other sample library I own for that matter, is never let the score dictate what articulations you use.  You just use whatever works.

• last edited
    last edited

@Composer321 said:

I'm just scratching the surface.

Welcome to the "Great Journey" Composer 321  And a truely great journey it is.  One of the first things I learned when I started working with VSL, or any other sample library I own for that matter, is never let the score dictate what articulations you use.  You just use whatever works.

I have been arguing this point for 20+ years. IF you "write to the samples" and then worry about transcribing it later, you will usually make something that sounds great. if you attempt to take a score and play it, well, hit or miss.

•  With Velocity xFade turned off the transitions are as loud as the following note, because they are attached to the destination note. Therefore if you play two notes, the 2nd one being louder than the first one, you will hear a loud transition. The answer is always to use Velocity xFade on legato instruments.

DG