Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,443 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,797 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Thanks for looking into it, Karel. 

DAW: Logic 9.1.1, OS 10.5.8, VE Pro 5436 (AU)

Server: Kontakt 3.5 (VST), Windows 7 64bit  (also tried XP64),  VE Pro 5436

It doesn't always happen. But when it does happen, it happens on the same section repeatedly, about 80% of the time. Often moving a note away from the barline helps. The worst is when all notes are quantised to 1/4 notes.  It seems to happen most often when there is a section with 4 intertwining legato string parts. I am using a private Kontakt strings library. I also tried removing all controller data from the tracks, but that doesn't help either. I am not getting the GUI hang, just note hangs, or non-playing notes. As mentioned the same patches work fine when VE Pro is in standalone mode.  

I am ruling out the sleep mode explanation, as over a section some of the notes play, some don't, some hang, all over the course of a few seconds. 

• Karel

Host = VE Pro

Kontakt 3.5 AU

OSX 10.6.3

it will take hours for the behavior to start occurring. Once it does, it will happen every 30 seconds or so  and get consistently worse and more frequent.

SvK

• same behaviour here (OSX 10.5.8 )except the fact that it occours with the Standalone as well. Please have in mind the Behaviour i´ve described earlier when , after some time , the whole system get´s sluggish after closing.

Like i said, it doesn´t happen in Bidule. 

• BTW ...I switched to Kontakt 4.1 (public Beta 64bit) today , so now I only run a VE pro 64 bit server. Will report if problems continue.

SvK

• nope makes matters worse..Trying K4.1 in 32 bit server now.

SvK

• BTW my machine has 4 gig of RAM to spare, so memory aint it.

• FIXED!

The solution is Kontakt 4.1 in 32 bit server. Unfortunately Kontakt 4.1 still wont play nice in 64 bit server along side Vienna Instruments Instances.

SvK

• I´ve tried it in K4, no Luck yet....

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

Karel

Host = VE Pro

Kontakt 3.5 AU

OSX 10.6.3

it will take hours for the behavior to start occurring. Once it does, it will happen every 30 seconds or so  and get consistently worse and more frequent.

SvK

Exactly same behavior here! OSX 10.5.8 and 10.6.3. Local machine only. Remote machines work fine.

• Nothing really changed here either. After the latest beta everything seemed to run smooth but after some reboots the problem came up again.

Even the newest Kontakt 4 release has that behaviour. 

I´ll try to screen capture it and send that to the support team.

D

• What if you disable the Kontakt memory server?

• Dezzo: Does your VEP ever come to a halt with the CPU usage stuck at 95-99%, usually closer to the end of the day? Only a reboot fixes this at my end.

• last edited
    last edited

@info_2690 said:

Dezzo: Does your VEP ever come to a halt with the CPU usage stuck at 95-99%, usually closer to the end of the day? Only a reboot fixes this at my end.

My CPU meter is hanging around 17 - 20% . The Dropouts occure randomly. 

The Dropouts occure on VEP only but not in Bidule. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

What if you disable the Kontakt memory server?

Hi Karel ,

When i disable the Server, the dropouts dissapear....for some Reason.....

It runs smooth. I will test it again while the Setup is growing. For now, it´s fine. 

Is it a Problem from the NI side ? It looks like that.......

D

• It could be a problem in Kontakt or both Kontakt and VE Pro. Disabling the memory server definitely seems to solve it. Kontakt 4.1 comes in a 64bit flavour, so there shouldn't be a pressing need to use the memory server there anyway.

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

It could be a problem in Kontakt or both Kontakt and VE Pro. Disabling the memory server definitely seems to solve it. Kontakt 4.1 comes in a 64bit flavour, so there shouldn't be a pressing need to use the memory server there anyway.

Update: I just added the Wallander Instruments Pro Edition Brass + 1 Altiverb Instance. The Dropout phenomenon came back !No Crash so far.

Memory usage 20 - 25 % and the VSL Ensemble Pro shows me 108 % CPU , 96 Threads, Physical mem = 2.15 GB, Virt. mem = 3.47 GB

Hope that helps.

D

• Important to mention: If you let VEP run for some hours and try to close it , the whole system gets sluggish. My 7th Core is peaking to the maximum and i have to force quit the Application which takes some time since the whole System is verry slow.

After the Force quit, everything goes back to normal.

Can anybody confirm this?

• Hi all

just wanted to add myself to the list of victims. 

So the current situation is to either switch Kontakt memory server off - or to use no Vienna Instruments, right? 

It makes no difference to put one of both into the sequencer itself (here: Logic), I guess? 

Best

Uli

• May I ask if anyone using the latest Logic/Macos/VEPRO versions on one machine does * not * have hanging notes and stopping engine on a regular basis? I need to know in order to decide if I stick to the system. 

Thanks for any input 
    Uli 

• Does anyone have a solution for this? It is absolutely killing my productivity and nothing I try seems to fix it. For me, it starts happening within an hour of loading up a project. I am running 10.6.3, Logic 9.1.1, Kontakt 4.1.1 and VE Pro 4.0.6150. I am only running the 64 bit server and Kontakt memory server is unchecked. The weird thing is it ran pretty well with the same configuration with Kontakt 4.1 but downgrading back to 4.1 doesn't fix the problem. Fletcher