Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Velocity x-fade on long notes

I prefer to control dynamic layers via the mod wheel rather than via note-on velocity, So I assigned velocity x-fade to the mod-wheel. However, now if I have the mod wheel low and play a note then move the mod wheel to the max whilst holding the note, the velocity layer doesn't change. If I then play another note that is much louder. So this feature doesn't seem to work for sustained notes. Or have I done something wrong ?? It works well in LASS, but I prefer the Solo strings of VSL.

I have tried to read the manual but it's completely impenetrable to me ....

• Have you actually switched it on?

DG

• Well, your answer sort-of led me to the problem.

The changes I made on the Perform page were not saved when I saved the .matrix file.

So, how do I save the Perform settings with a matrix ?!?  Again, the manual seems to be no help ....

• last edited
    last edited

@rjay said:

So, how do I save the Perform settings with a matrix ?!?  Again, the manual seems to be no help ....

Hello

Save your Vienna Instrument with all its settings as you do it with other instruments within your DAW (Synthies, etc.)

Good Luck

Beat Kaufmann

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • I'm running this in VEPro and the SAVE icon on the Preset window, which is in the manual, doesn't exist.

• last edited
    last edited

@rjay said:

Well, your answer sort-of led me to the problem.

The changes I made on the Perform page were not saved when I saved the .matrix file.

Perform settings are never saved with a matrix. They are only saved with a Preset. So I would suggest that you set up an empty Preset with all the controllers as you like them, save this Preset as startup and then this will load for every new Vienna Instrument you create.

DG

• Simply saving it as "Startup" is enough ? Or does it need to go in a specific folder ?

•  It needs to go in the Custom Data folder

DG

• I tried saving a preset as 'startup' in the custom data folder and it didn't work. The closest thing I could do was to give it a name like 'default' and remind myself to manually click on it every time I open VI. How do you make this 'startup' thing work?