Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Help with sounds ...

Hello folks!

Not too sure that this is the correct area to post this, but thought I'd give it a shot.  Since you are all so wonderful at helping with things, and many of you have very skilled ears, I thought you could help me.  I have two songs, links below, that I need to program for a concert I'm doing, and I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out one of the sounds in both of the songs.

The first song is called "On the Third Day" by Matt Maher, and I have the original orchestration setting in front of me, but in the percussion part, it does not list the sound that I'm hearing from the downloadable mp3 listed below.  It sounds like some kind of low percussion instrument that has three pitches that are playing in triplets ... I've heard this effect in many songs, but never figured out what it was ... can you please help me?

"On the Third Day" -  http://www.mediafire.com/?u2mqgtewj0n

The second song is "Until the End of Time" by Sarah Brightman.  I have this original score in front of me as well, and see the 16th note pattern listed that plays in 5ths and 4ths ... but that is the ONLY instrument on the score that is not noted with an instrument ... it says synth.  It sounds like a bass to me, but since I have over 500 bass sounds in all of my various VST instruments, I've tried them all to no avail.  Any suggestions?

"Until the End of Time" -

Thanks musicians!  Appreciate your help.

• Have listened to the first song. It sounds to me like some programmed synthesized congas which have been filtered and a delay added. I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'triplets' as these are not any type of tuplet but rhythmically quaver, 2 semiquavers, 2 semiquevers, quaver.