Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Vienna Convolution question

Dietz or Florian,

If you can just answer this - would be great.

Well first of all - I am loving Vienna Reverb - its very underated on forums I think - its really giving good results over here!! Wonder what MIR Pro will do to us!!

Ok..so...

The Latency Compensation at the bottom of a reverb instance - what does it really do? Does it have its own buffer setting or does it depend on the sound card buffer setting?

My core i7 940 is getting a bit stressed with 8 of these reverbs running and some million other EQ etc from VS......

I just wanted to know if increasing the buffer size will increase my computer performance - regardless of what the buffer size of the sound card is.

Also - if it does improve - at what cost? Will it introduce some sort of latency or inferior results?

Thanks.

Best,

Tanuj.

• last edited
    last edited

@vibrato said:

Or is there a simpler way of controlling both ER and Tail in the same instance of Vienna Convolution?

That way - I can cut down on my reverbs.

First question still applies though.

thanks.

Tanuj.

Currently - No. There is only one impulse allowed to be loaded at once. You may always mix your own ER/tail impulses externally and load them however...

It might make sense to implement an internal separation of ER/Tail for a future update, good idea.