Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Directory Manager "Forgets" Directories as soon as its closed

Every time I set the directory/location of my sound folders, and close directory manager, the directories are lost... I'm running OSX 10.5.8 and Logic Studio... I installed the OS update, Logic Update (Not relevant but I did), the VI update from the site and still no progress... Please help I need these to work... 

Note: I installed this software initially years ago but I got a new motherboard and my old drive was erased so I need to reinstall... But now with the newer OS 10.5.8 it is not installing (remembering the directories) for me... What might I be doing wrong.

-I've got the proper custom data folder.

• welcome burchboy,

please try to repair your permissions on the system volume using the disk utility first (do tjhis after a reboot), maybe also double check if the location of your custom data folder has read&write permissions (apple - I).

after the repair add references for the location of the sample content again to the directory manager (preferrably using drag & drop from a finder window).

if this doesn't help please send an email to VSL Supportmentioning your VI and/or VE version

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.