Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,294 users have contributed to 42,655 threads and 256,749 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Hi dayadon,

Thank you for yourkind words! Enjoy your NOTION software and like I've said we will continue to improve on our VSL support.

Jack has retired for some time now, but yes, what you're describing sounds like him :)

Thanks

Lubo Astinov

•  Is there Any way to use Mir with NotionSLE.

Routing intruments to external ports instead of the usual vienna VST seems to overide the savant playback Prules associate with them. Is there a way to enforce for instance ViennaEnsemble_Pro Prules to a specific external Midi channel? So MIr could also recive the keyswitchs for the corresponding notation symboles?

Y-

• last edited
    last edited

@Yanick said:

Is there Any way to use Mir with NotionSLE.

Routing intruments to external ports instead of the usual vienna VST seems to overide the savant playback Prules associate with them. Is there a way to enforce for instance ViennaEnsemble_Pro Prules to a specific external Midi channel? So MIr could also recive the keyswitchs for the corresponding notation symboles?

Y-

For other readers i<ve answer my own question.: Yes

I've created a new Prules for <plugin id="1"> <!-- MIR ID --> (ID=1 getting trigger by my external midi A)

As i write this I'm wondering if plugin id 1 to 4 covers the External midi A to D or if any external midi are flag ID 1. Must test.

By the way, i've now edited my Notion vienna's .Prules to encompass Both my Vienna special edition and my various DVD collections, adding many new articulation like, Sffz , Slow, Medium and  fast legato (Having notion chosing what speed is appropriate depending on the note lengh before trigering it instead of After like with Vienna Speed controler).  If any one's curious to try it let me know. You'll also need my Notion vienna Preset to load these extra sample.

peace-

• Hi Yanick,

Actually you should not need to do even this. With NOTION SLE the internal MIDI ports are already configured to work with MIR. Nevertheless, thanks for being proactive and resourceful!

Sincerely,

Lubo Astinov

• Hi Lubo, I have Notion 3.3 as well as SE, do I need to buy SLE version also in order to get the integration to VSL SE? Or are there some downloads for it someplace?

• Hi Chris,

If you already have NOTION3 you can do everything that SLE does. The presets for VSL SE are available for you in score setup and all the playback programming is already in. The .fxp's are found in your PluginData folder (let me know if you need help finding them).

As long as you keep NOTION3 up to date with the latest updates you'll have everything SLE does and more.

Best,

Lubo Astinov

• Hi Lubo,

I finally bought SLE , which works fine , but the only problem is with the download instruments , it is a really pity we do have to replace patch by patch instruments that are downloaded, we have to memorize first were are the patches from the downladed to replace with others instruments...Because the DL instruments have more articulations than the Special Edition  DVDs release , I noticed that the Notion presets for VSL doesn't start with staccato, but sustain instead [;)].

Do we have to hope for a relese that includes the downloaded instruments ???

Thank You

• Hi Pro-Arte,

Yes, we hope to have a release for the DVD Collections as well, infact we even put a "notify me" form on the SLE page here:

http://www.notionmusic.com/products/notion_sle_vsl.html

We realize a lot of people are really interested in this and as far as I can tell it's a hot topic. NOTION SLE for VSL SE already is picking a lot of attention and we will continue to optimize and expand its compatibility!

Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA at this point. But I will keep the members of this forum posted on any developments.

Thanks,

Lubo Astinov

• Hi Lubo,

That 's really nice news...

By the way, 

do N3 / SLE already work with VE pro 64bit and will it work with

the future VI & VE 64bit version (hope soon!) on Mac os x?

Comment:

More I'm working with N3 and SE, more I love your Tremendious software !

Sincerely

Alain

• Hi Alain,

Yes, NOTION3 works with VE PRO x64 bit, and we have a nice tutorial on that. We also plan on supporting any future VI and VE releases.

Thank you,

Lubo Astinov

• Lubo,

WONDERFUL !!!

Thanks

Alain

• Hi Lubo

Fantastic product!! I too am having trouble getting my notated articulations to sound correct. For example, if I imput a melody on epic horns for example in realtime in quarter notes, and then place slurs over the notes they still sound the same? Do I need to tidy up my note lengths first or am I missing something! I would love a way to make the notes sound legato, as VSL has that fantastic legato articulation.

Many thanks

Jonathan Price

• Hi Jonathan,

Thanks! Yes you need to make sure the notes are connected to hear the legato sound. This is best done using the sequencer overlay feature (hit TAB) and drag the note ends/starts to ensure they are connected.

You will find that if you use Step Time or pure notation and then put a slur, you wont have to do any of that.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more assistance.

Lubo Astinov

• Hi Lubo

Thank you very much for your help, it is much appreciated.

While you are available, can I just ask you one more unrelated question? I have created a melody for solo violin in Logic which I would like to import into Notion as a midi file. I have tried this; however when I do, it has removed all information regarding the key signature, which if I am honest, I expected it to. So, when i look at the score, it is full of accidentals.

My assumption was that if I changed the key signature, it would remove all the excess accidentals from the staff. It doesn't. How do i get over this problem? Additionally, notion has removed ties, and replace them with double dotted notes. How do I change this back? Is it a preferences issue.

Sorry to barrage you with questions, but I need to resolve these issues.

Thanks

Jonathan

• Hi Lubo

I apologise, I have made a slight mistake. Let me give you a little more detail. The melody I have written in Logic is in Eb Minor (6 flats). I am converting that region into a midi file and then opening up a new score in Notion by importing it. When I do, the staff has no key signature and, as you would expect, the melody is overflowing with accidentals. When I change key to Eb Minor and drag the 6 flats onto the staff, the accidentals DO change. This was my mistake. However what made me think they didn't (due to not looking closely enough!) was that all the G flats, were being notated as sharpened F's, and similarly the C flats's were being shown as naturalised B's. This although technically correct, is an illogical way to notate the melody. 

Am I able to get around this problem? 

Thanks

Jonathan

P.s. My problem regarding the ties still stands.

• Hello Lubo and everyone,

I'd like to know if there is someone who use rewire to link Notion SLE and Nuendo 4, or viceversa, under Windows XP?

I'm not able to do it and I'd like to know if it is an specific issue of my system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Paco Monge.

• Hi Paco,

I dont have Nuendo, but I have ReWired SLE into Cubase4. Since they are closely related, I would imagine they would have to both work. I'm not sure what the problem might be, but I'd start with updating ReWire and Nuendo and making sure both apps run in 32 bit mode etc...

Sorry I'm not of much help, did you try the steinberg forums ?

Lubo Astinov

• Hi Jonathan,

You can do several things - you can use the Enharmonic tool to correct the notes (Shift+E), you could click-select the note and use Shift+Up or Down arrow - this will give you chromatic transposition and you can move the note up or down untill you get the right pitch, or you can try Transposing the passage to another key (like A Minor) and then transpose it back to Eb minor (not sure how this will go, but just a suggestion to try).

However, another idea is to avoid the MIDI route all together. I'm not sure about Logic, but I know Cubase supports MusicXML export. If Logic does, I'd highyl recommend using MusicXML files because the level of accuracy is much higher (this is true for any scoring application, not just NOTION). This will also solve the tie issue...

Hope this works out.

Lubo Astinov

•  Thanks Lubo,

I will give it a try. I think logic does support MusicXML. Great suggestions. I will let you know how it works.

Thanks

Jonathan

• Lubo,

Hi

I see that both Perf-rep staccato and Perf-rep legato sound are already in the N3 SE Presets.

So, Do N3 actually use those sound or will use?

For now when writing repeated staccatos it looks that N3 only use standard Staccato sound.

Is there way to make N3 using Perf-rep sound.

Thanks

Again,

more I use N3 more I love that...

N3 is GREAT

Alain