Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,443 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,797 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• I have PLAY working in VE Pro on one of my PC slaves, but I've only use one instance of it for the piano. It's been stable without issue, unless I try to load more than one piano into it. I wouldn't even attempt to run more than one instance or even just one fully loaded instance. The more you have to access the Play GUI, the great the chances of a crash. 

• What versions of Play and VE are you using?  I'd love to try it out.  Its hard to do a search for "play" in an audio forum so I figured I'd ask here.

hah...found the helpful thread.   http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/22983/157469.aspx#157469

f

• In former versions of VEPro Play runned perfect. But since 4881 I can't use any button on the Play GUI. Like the ongoing K4 crashes this is very bad!!!

• I was one of those folks (on 4686) that got Play to work in vepro - with 'occassional crashes'.   Well those crashes got to me more occassional so I have move my Play libraries to the Master (from farm) and life is a LOT smoother.

• Still on 4686 here - all is working as it should.   Has anyone who posted on this thread that was having no midi communication on 4881 built now up and running?

Just curious.

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Still on 4686 here - all is working as it should.   Has anyone who posted on this thread that was having no midi communication on 4881 built now up and running?

Just curious.

I only ever saw that when - I think - there were some preferences from a much earlier version on the master machine conflicting with 4881 on the slave. One time only. That is no issue now, I've finished a number of projects with 4881.

I do have an issue where I will add instruments which at some point will send no audio back to Cubase, which I don't understand. But eventually I get something to stick just thru sheer stubbornness.

• How did you roll back to 4686? I uninstalled 4881 from OSX 10.5.7 and now it's saying I can't install 4686 on my main volume because a newer version is installed. Thanks

• Nevermind, I figured it out. Had to trash the prefs and what not.

• I have no problems with using Play in VE Pro 4881. I am working under Logic 9.1 64bit and have the newest beta of 10.6.3 OSX. Since this beta update all previous problems were solved... works great.  Logic 9.1 64bit is starting faster than before and the AU-bridge is also working much better.

Play is a good thing to use some dirty synth sounds, but needs lots of RAM. VI 64bit or VEPro 64bit itself work very economic and stable now.
    The orchestra sounds of Play are mostly buggy and good enough for smaller budgets, but for professionals it is more efficient to invest in Vienna Samples.

Maybe one thing or one question. It would be a very nice option in VI to set how many voices can be played at the same time, at the moment I do not know how many I can play, I had some problems in playing Chamber Strings section pieces for 4 hands and I am working with 32 GB RAM. Maybe just one thing....

Good work VSL TEAM.

• that, losing MIDI over the network, I got with that build also FWIW.