Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,748 users have contributed to 42,256 threads and 254,899 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• E-mu 1x1 midi tab arrived ... installed...

Anyone hear my howls of anguish at another 30 quid down the pan??!!

The 'class compliant' device is not recognised and yet after installing E-mu's own driver (dated January 2010) the system won't touch it because it reckons the best driver is already installed!

[:'(]

• last edited
    last edited

@mistersynth said:

E-mu 1x1 midi tab arrived ... installed...

Anyone hear my howls of anguish at another 30 quid down the pan??!!

The 'class compliant' device is not recognised and yet after installing E-mu's own driver (dated January 2010) the system won't touch it because it reckons the best driver is already installed!

[:'(]

Rats. I thought it was just the the siren of an escaped patient from Broadmoor. [:O]

I think that now VSL has started to "advertise" DAW builders, it is about time that there was a list of things, such as working MIDI interfaces, that we can all contribute to. At least then people could then have easy access to this sort of information, without trawling though millions of posts.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Rats. I thought it was just the the siren of an escaped patient from Broadmoor.

I think that now VSL has started to "advertise" DAW builders, it is about time that there was a list of things, such as working MIDI interfaces, that we can all contribute to. At least then people could then have easy access to this sort of information, without trawling though millions of posts.

DG

Ummm... you're not going to believe this.... 

My howls of anguish have changed to squeals of delight (tentatively!) ... spoke at length with the shop, who agreed to take the interface back but after checking perhaps with E-MU to see if they could sort it. Asked me to email them with steps taken so far. Did do. 

All the while, the new computer was left running upstairs so I went to turn it off, but thought I'd give it one more go.

It installed instantly without a hitch. Furthermore it let me update the driver to the E-MU one, and it's purring like a pussycat!

I had a few latency problems until I realised I hadn't set the ASIO driver in Sonar, but (touchwood [^o)] it's going like a dream.

It was probably my escape from Broadmoor that you heard anyway. If it goes wrong again, I'm going back voluntarily!

The next potential anguish is due when I get round to setting all my VSL stuff up on this new machine - it's been so long since I did this initially and I don't retain all the technical steps in my ever decreasing brainpower!

Haven't heard any other screams from your direction DG so I hope and presume it's arrived and when unpacked it behaves itself better than mine!

John