Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,676 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,576 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] HELP! My patches are not showing up , my projects are unusable!

Greetings all!

This is my first post...I've been a VSL Special Edition User for almost 2 years.

Here is my setup:

*Logic 8, Cubase 4 (I only use VSL in Logic though)

*Metric Halo 2882, M-Audio Profire 2626, Roland/Cakewalk UA2510 (these interfaces are connected to my MBP via FW400/USB input)

*VSL is on an external LaCie Hard Drive, 7,200RPM, (connected to MBP FW800 port)

*Glyph 250GB Recording Drive (connected to FW800 port of the Glyph Drive)

*RECENT ADDITIONS - (in the past 3 weeks), UAD 2 Solo Laptop PCI card   -WAVES API series, GTR3  -Mellowmuse Plugs   -PT LE 8   -Reaper    -Massey Plugs

I've been using my VSL Special Ed with quite a few Logic projects.  They've been working fine up until last week.   All of the sudden my instruments are not playing.  When I load the VSL Window/Matrix, non of the presets are showing up.  All my Licenses are listed but the patches are not showing up.

• ....sorry forgot to mention

1) Last week when my library became unusable, I downloaded the Special Ed updates....still didn't work.

2) Then I went to Apple's Disk Utility to "repair permissions" on my LaCie Hard Drive and the hard drive was fine.....

....what else should I check?

• Could it be a problem with the paths in the directory manager? Might be worth to make sure these are all correctly set.

• I haven't adjusted anything.... how would I go about adjusting it if there WAS a problem.....

BTW, I've been waiting for 8 days and NO RESPONSE from tech support.....does anyone know the best way to contact them or to have them respond?

• I'm not sure where directorymanager resides on the mac. On PC it's located in C:\Program Files\Vienna Instruments. Directorymanager is very straighforward to use, just make sure every reference points to the right folder. Might be worth deleting them and re-adding them. When I made the jump to Win 7 recently, I had a similiar issue upon my first run of VI. Of course, I had totally forgotten to point directorymanager to the right locations. My licenses showed up to the right, but no patches where visible to the left, so it sounds to me like you may be suffering from bad filepaths as well. Not sure how these could have been skrewed up, then again, with computers, anything is possible. :)

• Hi DanRock101,

Please launch Directory Manager from Applications/Vienna Instruments, delete all entries from its main window and manually reassign the folder(s) with your Vienna Instruments sample content directly from the Finder by Drag & Drop.

Then please reboot your computer, repair permissions to your system drive (not the LaCie drive!) with Disk Utility and restart your computer once more.

Also please make sure your access privileges to Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/VSL Custom Data are set to "read & write"!

Does that make a difference?

Best, Marnix

• Got it working!  And it looks like I'll make my deadline.  THANKS!

• Hi, I have same issue.