Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Where and how to learn.

I'm making good progress in creating performances with VSL and sibelius although there's still much to learn about the subtleties of the various VI controls. But the area i really don't have much of a clue about is the mixing and post pro - using the various vienna suite applications to improve the sound of my performances.

Where and how can I learn about how best to use compressors, limiters, exciters etc etc all the stuff that can make a good crafted performance sound great.

There must be something better than just trial and error cos as an amateur that will take forever and I need some sort of jump start to get into this currently mysterious world.

• Well, I hate to just refer you to yet another forum but when I have specific questions to my mixing and mastering needs I post here: 

http://homerecording.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Most folks here are very helpful and there is a wealth of information to be had.

I'm no expert but from what the experts tell me they say that more than anything else, "trust your ears."