Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Help computer and project bogged down

Hello I am a new SE user. MY specs are Sonar 8.5.2/ Windows XP/ 3GB Ram/ 2,5GHz processor speed/ Quad core I am using VSL SE in a certain project that had no problems before. I have one instance of the piano that I have frozen. I also have a cello/ Viola matrix loaded. I have composed some of the part. However over time, the performance of the prohect has degraded. It takes 10-15 minutes for the project to load. I cannot work within the project. If I press play, the project starts playing but all functions and buttons freeze and lose responsiveness. I am then forced to reboot. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are my computer specs not up to VSL's needs???

• last edited
    last edited

@munmun said:

Hello I am a new SE user. MY specs are Sonar 8.5.2/ Windows XP/ 3GB Ram/ 2,5GHz processor speed/ Quad core I am using VSL SE in a certain project that had no problems before.

Well, if you didn't have any problems before I don't see why you computer specs are not up to snuff.  Did you recently install some software?  or updates?  Is this system connected to the Internet?

Are you loading your VI's into an instance of Vienna Ensemble?  Because if you are running seperate instances of VI for Piano, Viola, Cello at the same time then you're going to reach your computers limits pretty quick.

It's hard to give you any definite answers without knowing your work habits.