Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,391 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,063 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Vienna Ensemble Pro crashes while starting .... what can i do

I want to try out Vienna Ensemble Pro ... - in Loopback Mode (via localhost) I could made a connection while adressing the Server on same PC(Win7) - so I plugged the ELicencer into my other PC ( XP Pro) - latest Driver 6.02 installed - but while starting the Server it crashes - It seemed so .. after checking licences. - Exchanging the XP Pro PC with my UMPC (little Touchpad but also with XP Pro) the Server starts very well - but unfortunately there is no Gigabit Lan but only 100MBit. What can I do? I have changed the USB Ports - no better Result I have changed to an older Syncosoft ELicencer Driver - no better Result - through this crahses I've described i could not test anything more - 'cause the Demo Counter is decr down to 5 examples. And now.... ????? - I couldn't test the EPIC Library - (I want to get the Demo Disc) - I couldn't test the Lan Functions - I want to buy the right stuff for my orchestral ideas - so i must check it I've spent really some hours until now... but the time runs throuh out Please help Best Regards Hagen

•  hagen, you downloaded the license dec 27th, so if your starts have counted down simply click on *validate usage period* to reload your starts as often as needed within 30 days after date license initialisation.

regarding the crash: ist your other XP pro PC somehow up to date (servicepacks)?

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • thank you - the trick with the validation works for me. Unfortunately, my XP Pro PC doesn't works with VEP. The XP PRO : Version 2002 Service Pack 2 with the latest Updates. 1 GB RAM Athlon XP 2.13 GHz. The PC is full with Software - i often use - so i don't want to rebuilt this pc with a new OS Installation. So - any other Ideas ??? appver: 4.0.0.4686 Offset: 001a52C9 Perhaps this helps Oh Oh Oh - I want to test this Software but I can't Regards Hagen

• service pack 2 might be too outdated .... SP3 and further updates everywhere on our few left XP computers ...

• I have checked this also - but my PC with XP Pro incl. SP3 does not work with VEP - The ELicencer works well - I've checked this with another Licence on this USB-Dongle. (Cubase 4 Essential) So - what can i do??? Regards Hagen

• to get a clearer picture:

- youre slave computer is XP SP3

- installation of eLC worked and is showing the key and licenses

- installation of VE PRO finished and the program entries are available

- can you start the VE PRO service and/or the VE PRO stand-alone now?

- what exactly means *does not work* for which of the 2 above?

- is there a soundcard installed on your slave (ASIO or not)?

christian

• dear christian,

yes - to slave
    yes - to eLC
    yes - to VE pro
    no - what are VE PRO services? - did you mean: starting as a vst plugin under cubase?
    no - i have tried to start the Standalone Vienna Ensemble Pro Server (32 Bit)
    Does not work means: While starting the Standalone on the Slave-PC .... after checking the Licence (I think) the Application chrashes into a Message: ----- Vienna Ensemble Pro hat ein Problem festgestellt und muß beeendet werden. ----- If i click on it: Modver: 4.0.0.4686 Offset: 001a52c9 ---Perhaps this helps a little bit...
    Soundcard: PCI SB Live (Model: SB0102 5.1 with KX Project Driver - so ASIO: yes

- I have tried to check both Installationfiles: latest eLicencer & Vienna Ensemble Pro Demo Download exactly the same Files for the PC-Check - my UMPC XP PRO SP2 - the Standalone runs into working Mode (it seemed so 'cause he doesn't have a Gigabit - so I can't really check it. - The Dongle is working well (another Licence on it/ Cubase 4 Essential) - well checked on the PC & UMPC

Kind Regards and a Happy New Year Hagen

• last edited
    last edited

reading through the KX Project Driver i'd suspect the problem could originate from there (their website describes it as a free WDM driver):

- 07/17/2008 - Version 5.10.0.3543 (BETA) Added support for 24-bit playback and recording for most 10k2-based devices (ASIO mode).

- 09/18/2009 - Version 5.10.0.3550 (BETA) This version should fix problems with PCs with more than 2Gb or RAM.

it appears you don't even get to the dialog to select audio & midi drivers ...

please double check if the problem remains when using ASIO4all (relates to the stand-alone)

service: on the slave start VE PRO Server (an icon in the info bar should appear) - now connect from your master computer to the slve inserting a VE PRO VST into a track of your audio host and use the dialog window to connect to your slave (no ASIO involved now on your slave)

hth, christian

• dear christian, - everything checked (that means: with and without KX) and also with ASIO4ALL - unfortunately with the same results. - some fresh installed xp pro / vista 32 gave also the same results. - complete and partly exchanges of nearly any peace of hardware (ELicencer/USB-Port/USB-PCI-Cards) gave everytime the same results!!!!! but Vista had told something about 'External Exception' and it seemed for me that your Demo will not work on my that older AMD Athlon's I'm using for my Test. The well working (I say better: starting) UMPC (I've told about this) is using an INTEL !! Regards Hagen

• AMD cpu's prior to Athlon 64 did not support SSE2 and will not run VE Pro. Athlon XP was released in 2001, thus now a 9 year old CPU.

• Why no such Informations on your Website ?? I have spend (too) much time (a few days!!!) - to figure this out on my own!!! I'm feelin that I have been something like your Betatester... For normal Work with VE PRO - its clear to have some speedy PCs with great CPUs - but for a simple Test ...... I don't buy one or more PCs. Overall Result: not Good Regards Hagen

• hagen, we are sorry about finding the reason so late, but no one here thought on the SSE issue - it is really long ago we had to face problems with processor architecture so we didn't include this type of restrictions (as well as P II or P III) into the system requirements.

we will update them, christian

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

AMD cpu's prior to Athlon 64 did not support SSE2 and will not run VE Pro. Athlon XP was released in 2001, thus now a 9 year old CPU.

Now here is after 1,5 year finally the answer I have been waiting for. I have four ROCK solid Athlon 3000 PCs that give me huge polyphony in GigaStudio.

But VE (Pro) does not support that "old" but very well working CPU... I wish this information had been available online as a requirement when I bought the Appasionata strings!

Sigh... and doh... 😞

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Emanuel Roos said:

But VE (Pro) does not support that "old" but very well working CPU... I wish this information had been available online as a requirement when I bought the Appasionata strings!

Hang on a minute. Are you talking about VE Pro or App Strings? Does the Vienna Player not support your CPU then?

DG

•  Above you can read that Ensemble and Ensemble Pro won't run on Athlon XP CPUs.

Now I finally know the reason for the crashes with each update and config changes I tried (also days!) I can finally try the App. Strings within my DAW (which is not mt favourite approach!) and hopefully fall in love with them! :D

The Daw is a 6600 Quad Core.

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Emanuel Roos said:

Above you can read that Ensemble and Ensemble Pro won't run on Athlon XP CPUs.

I didn't read that Vienna Ensemble doesn't work either. I thought that it was just the Pro version that needs a more recent machine?

DG