Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Changing solo instrument from Legato to Pizz in Sibelius 5.25

I can get Solo Cello to change from Legato to Pizz but not Solo Viola to do the same thing and not sure why ... can anyone help? I've just purchased Vienna Strings Special Edition and installed with Vienna Ensemble. I'm using Sibelius to score a string quartet and everything seemed fine (I've downloaded the sound set and installed too). Using a standard solo instrument matrix, when in Sibelius I

• Hello Kevin!

Your post seems to be unfinished. So I don't know, if I'm missing anything important.

In Sibelius it's important to choose the right instruments, when creating the score. When you are working with Solo strings, please make sure that you create solo strings instruments. Creating the instruments Violin I, Violin II, Viola, ... will not work, as these are ensemble instruments.

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend working through the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual. You can download it from the following location:
    http://vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/576/655.htm

In the Troubleshooting section, you will find more possible reasons for articulations changes not working as expexted.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi Thanks for replying. I am using solo instruments as I read somewhere that ensemble instruments won't work. However, I'll do as you suggest in downloading the optimizing sibelius playback and see if that makes a difference Best Kevin

• Help - a day of to do some music and as usual I spend all day dealing with software ....wish I'd never upgraded to Sibelius 7 as it's been nothing but problems from the start! I was forced to upgrade from 5.2 Sibelius to 7 on purchasing a new MacBook Pro. As you can run the software on 2 computers I've also installed it on my studio Mac (OSX10.6.8). I've followed all the advice on forums, manuals and video tutorials and Sibelius still won't recognise the updated Ensemble Version 4.1.9753. I've created the Sounds and House Style folders (User/Library/ApplicationSupport/Avid/Sibelius7 and inserted the Vienna Ensemble.xml in Sounds and Vienna Symphonic Library.lib in House Styles. I've tried the rescan and rebooting Sibelius 7 in the Playback Device/Audio Engine Options but nothing! Is anyone able to help further than the forum posts already posted which haven't helped my system to work properly? Thanks Kevin

• Hello Kevin!

Do you mean that Vienna Ensemble doesn't appear at all in the list of available Playback Devices in Sibelius or do you mean that when you activate Vienna Ensemble an older version gets activated?

Anyway, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Vienna Ensemble.

By the way. The Sound Set file for the Special Edition is called "VE Special Edition.xml". So I'm not sure which file you copied to the "...Sibelius7/Sounds" folder.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi As usual i don't get any time in the studio with work and family commitments until days like today .....a bank holiday Monday so apologies for delay in responding. I will try and re-install the software (both Sibelius and Vienna). In answer to your question, Vienna ensemble doesn't even appear in the list of playback devices, but as a stand alone and with Avid pro Tools it does work just fine.I'll let you know if this works for future reference best Kevin

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on