Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Recording vocals with Vienna Suite

Hello friends, could anybody give me some advice. I want to record my vocals on Logic 9 and only have the effects from Logic like the Space Designer and the Vienna Suite. What could be a setup to record my vocals with the Suite. Or should I get other effect plugins. I know that the Vienna Suite is a great bundle of plugins so maybe I should make it with that one. I´m afraid that it just my fault because I´m quite a greenhorn when it is about recording. Thanks for the help.

• Hello Sakamoto,

as long as you don't have any special analogue processors at hand, the best advice is to use straight to disk with the equipment you have, and do all processing during mixdown. In the digital world, it doesn't make the slightest difference wether you record a signal with (digital) processing already applied, or you add the same processing later. - Vienna Suite plugins will perfectly fit your needs then.

Make sure you have a good room, a good microphone, a good voice in front of it, a good preamp and a good A/D-converter, then nothing can go wrong. ;-)

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Dietz,

thank you very much for the reply. So I will go on to explore the Suite with my singing. Maybe I got a bit lazy because I profit so much from your Instrument presets in the plugin.  At the same time I will save money to get the Vienna imperial as soon as possible. By the way - may I ask you how long it will take for the Vienna Choir to be published? Just for my calculation - is it true that it might come in January? But ok it not fair to push you after all the great work you have done alfready.

Kind regards,

Alfred

• Thanks for the friendly words, Alfred.

All I can say regarding the Choir is that the VSL editors are working feverishly - even during Christmas Holidays. 8-]

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library