Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,431 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,794 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@eldad.guetta_10897 said:

can it now load EW play AU in the Ensemble server?

eldad

It will not crash anymore when running EW Play AU and VE Pro Service Interface AU in the same host (Logic, DP, ...). For Play to work in an actual VE Pro instance, some work from EW's side is required.

What is required of them, and are they doing it?  That is, do THEY agree that part of the problem is theirs, because from reading on their forum, absolutely all blame for this not working lies with VSL.  Not that I agree with that, of course, but I'm trying to determine if this is a hopeless case, since EW seems to think, since Play "works" in all other DAWS (albeit in the real world there are bugs) that they don't need to do anything to help the VE Pro issues.

Can you please let us know if EW is in fact cooperating?  Or are you experiencing a brickwall from EW on this issue?

Thanks

• I have updated to this version VE PRO from the previous one but when I tried to add a solo cello to my vienna instruments orchestral cello the loading seemed to go into a loop and was well on the way to filling up 16gigs of ram when I pulled the plug on it. The solo cello was supposed to be 175megs. Is this a bug? Should I go back to the previous version? Is it something to do with the new feature save/load channel presets because this instance was made with the previous version of VE PRO?

This happens on a Mac Pro with 16gig of ram.

Thanks for any help!

Ross

• After updating to this new version I can't open the VEPro 32 bit Server. It has disappeared from the Application folder. The 64 bit server is the only one that will open. I've tried to re-install the update but it still doesn't work.

I'm on a Mac Pro (Nehalem) 8 core.

• I love the load/save presets/channelsets!!  2 odd behaviors with this version though.

1) crashed when opening matrixes created with earlier versions of Vienna Instr.

Problem solved by opening matrix in VI/VE and re-saving.  

2) crashed when changing color.  

Anybody else experiencing this?

MacPro 2.26 4 core (older) 16gb 

• I'm having problems with this version as well. Every 30 seconds or so I get a full audio and MIDI dropout for about 1 full second from every channel coming from VEPro. I tested with Kontakt 4, Kontakt 3, Omnisphere, and the Vienna player, and this is a problem with all of them. Never had this problem with the prior Public Beta. CPU is not an issue as I've tested with only 1 instrument loaded, and hardly a blip on the CPU meter in VE or Logic. System Specs: Mac Pro - 3.0ghz 8-core (Early 2008) 12GB ram Logic 9.0.2 OSX 10.6.2 FYI- everything that's inside of Logic plays fine. Thanks- Ryan

• Still K4 causes VEPro (32 and 64 bit) to crash after reloading a saved project on Win7 64bit

• last edited
    last edited

@ddunn said:

I love the load/save presets/channelsets!!  2 odd behaviors with this version though.

1) crashed when opening matrixes created with earlier versions of Vienna Instr.

Problem solved by opening matrix in VI/VE and re-saving.  

2) crashed when changing color.  

Anybody else experiencing this?

MacPro 2.26 4 core (older) 16gb 

Could you attach crash reports of this? They can help tremendously.

• I'm using the Beta for a about a week now with my previous metaframe files; without any problems.

Only today, I wanted to add a solo violin to one of the instances. That instance already contains the same solo violin. What happens is that VEpro wont stop loading, eventually using all the memory in the system; resulting in a system crash.

Tried the same by loading only one of the projects and then adding the extra solo violin matrix; same results.

Windows 7 ultimate 64bits, 16Gb memory

Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

AbraƧos,

Wim Dijkgraaf

• I'm having a lot more audio drop-outs when latency is set to "none" then what i had with the last "final" build

• Did some more testing today ... . Both the 64bit version and the 32bit load an existing project well.

But adding Vienna instruments to an existing project is impossible. The Vienna Instrument doesn't stop loading, ending up in a system crash. It also doesn't seem to know if a matrix is already loaded in another channel. It just starts loading everything again. Only the 32bit version seems to free-up it's memory again, after the instrument is loaded completely but then doesn't stop displaying "loading ...".

The same "eternal loading" issue happens when starting a new project, both in the 64bit version aswell as with the 32bit version.

I have to reinstall the previous version and find another solution to use my Synthogy Ivory (for the time being).

Hope this helps a bit to finalize this version.

AbraƧos,

Wim Dijkgraaf

• Don't know what to say ... . Is it possible that the VEpro 4780 version VI metafiles and the VE metafiles are not backwards compatible with version 4686?

Everytime I open a file created with version 4780, with my 4686 version VEpro server, VEpro crashes.

This would mean I just lost 1 week of mixing work (almost 40 hours ... ) ...

Wim Dijkgraaf

• it seems that 4780 and 4686 both crash when i load more then 4 kontaks 4, and cubase on the other computer wants to save. so what happends is that it all works just fine, till the autosave or regular save starts in cubase. then cubase just freezes and i need to do a reboot. xp on the main computer windows7 on the second one (64 bit) 8gb of memory on that second computer... i doubt it that i've used that all..

• if i load the 5th kontakt 4 in a seperate ensemble instance there is no problem...

• HI All,

I'm just getting gont with VE Pro and Logic 9.0.1. The snafu has been getting volume automation happening in Logic for multitimbral soft synths being hosted in VE Pro3. I'm looking for a simple way to access multitimbral track based automation within L9 for my multis coming from VE Pro.

I've read about a few solutions. What are most people using? I don't suppose that VE Pro4 has changed anything on this front?

It's great that VE Pro4 is now supporting PLAY!

thanks,

Judith Gruber-Stitzer

www.gruberstitzer.com

• Judith, I have already given you the answers to this via Eli, and I know they are not the answers you would like, but they are the correct ones. You either use cc1 or cc11 instead of cc7, which Logic reserves (along with panning) for the AU as a whole, or you automate the auxes.